UK Hampering Libya Campaign?

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Wordsmith, May 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

From today's Telegraph:

Barack Obama's state visit to Britain hit by splits over Libya - Telegraph

So, is the UK vetoing targets? And is this helping Gadaffi to stay in power?

Wordsmith

2. I doubt if matters. Has bombing alone every ended a war or brought about rageim change?

3. Ask the Japanese.

4. I'm not sure firebombing all of Western Libya's cities will align with our R2P rhetoric but it might work.

5. I think he meant this.

Attached Files:

6. Are you suggesting we Nuke North Africa?

7. Could only improve the place!

8. I'm suggesting that 2 aircraft bombs ended the Second World War and changed the Japanese ruling regime.

9. Sounds like a YES to nuke N Africa. Then we would have a volcanic ash cloud to the north of eurpe on a radiation cloud to the south. We might change quite alot.

10. Sounds like a YES to nuke N Africa. Then we would have a volcanic ash cloud to the north of eurpe and a radiation cloud to the south. We might change quite alot.

11. So? The French, Italians and Spaniards glow in the dark for a while. My only objection is that it doesn't get the Germans into the bargain.

12. So Operation Glassy Desert is on then! Sponsered by Pilkintons.

13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

are the vetos because the planes arent up to the task? or just too expensive to keep dropping bombs when we have only budgeted for 48 bombs a day or 12 missiles!

14. Who told you ? is nothing secret any more

15. Or perhaps they would rather not kill dead, the local non combatant populace.