UK Forces News Publication?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Johnno1234, May 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

I work for Outdoor clothing, equipment, waterproofs, tents, sleeping bags and footwear - Outdoorkit and we are soon to be stocking and supplying military-orientated kit as well as our outdoor range.

I got chatting to a soldier on the phone about a year ago, and he recommended that we advertise in Soldier Magazine as well as the UK forces newspaper... but I have completely forgotten what this paper is called and cannot find anything about it on Google etc. Can someone let me know what this is called? I believe it's free and is distributed to mess halls etc. but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance!
  2. What is "military-orientated kit" ?
  3. S-300 missiles for starters, very popular in the Middle East .
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dead helpful you are, knob.
  5. Thanks cloudbuster, really appreciate it.

In answer to vvaannmmaann; Karrimor Special Forces packs, Snugpak clothing, Lowa & Magnum footwear, ESS Eyewear, Gerber, Leatherman.. there's plenty more but you get the picture. Thanks for your help.
  6. defence focus?
  7. Any Loewe sunglasses?
  8. Or as it's more accurately described, yesterday's news, tomorrow.
  9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Sixth Sense is only distributed in Germany.

Soldier Magazine covers UK and can be bought by anyone in a newsagent as well as having a strong online section.

There is another MoD freebie produced which is called Defence Focus.

In addition, the Royal Marines have their own monthly which is called 'Globe & laurel' and the RN produces a newspaper called, oddly enough ' Navy News' which also takes commercial advertising. LINKY

If you can undercut Black's for hexi-burners you'll have a market .

Good luck.

Le Chevre