Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Football at risk of collapse

Just like any business, times are hard, and I don't think any entertainment business is that much more important than any other.

All the business and entertainment groups that are demanding support or "special case" criteria are beginning to annoy me
"Adapt and survive " is a phrase many will be familiar with....many of those complaining loudly are failing to realise the world has changed and isn't going back ...little point in supporting things that in the future simply won't be viable or in demand ..... better to do that now for those that won't or can't change than waste millions supporting them. The "entertainment business" is the least important of all .... yet has been used to wages and a lifestyle beyond it's worth . No TV or sports person is actually worth a fraction of what they earn and the same goes for the associated producers and managers....

How do you ban a whole stadium who shout CRANKERS when they do it on live TV.
There will be calls for it don’t you worry.
Expect BLM protests at football stadia as well. That will go well, where the only kneeing will be to certain parts of the body.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Moving on, does anyone actually give a shit?

If only the Premier league went then No.

Last edited:

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
Oh well. Chavs will have to watch something else in future. Bear baiting or cockfighting.

P.S. FIFA has an ethics committee, ironically.

Standard business practice.

Never miss an opportunity to try and obtain substantial amounts of free money from the government.

Branson and a few others have had a go.

Those doing it now will be hoping they have better luck than the previous applicants.

The advice is, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Moving on, does anyone actually give a shit?

AfrikaansNee
ArabicLa’
Bengali
BosnianNe
CantoneseM hěi
CherokeeVtla
CroatianNe
CzechNe
DanishNej
DutchNee
EstonianEi
FinnishEi
FrenchNon
GermanNein
GreekOchi
HawaiianʻAʻole
HebrewLoh
HindiNahin
HungarianNem
IcelandicNei
IndonesianTidak
IrishUimh
ItalianNo
JapaneseĪe
KoreanAni
LatinNihil
Latvian
LithuanianNe
MandarinMéiyǒu
NepaleseNo
NorwegianNei
PersianNæh
PolishNie
PortugueseNão
PunjabiNahīṁ
RomanianNu
RussianNet
SerbianNet
Slovakžiadny
Slovenešt
SpanishNo
SwedishNej
TamilIllai
ThaiMị̀
TurkishYok hayır
UkrainianNi
UrduNahin
VietnameseKhông
WelshDim
ZuluCha

arfah

LE
BBC News - Coronavirus: Government warned football structure at risk of collapse

D7C91704-F3C5-4898-BA37-615A9C592087.jpeg

Agreed the majority here; football really needs restructured financially. My BiL is an avid Rangers fan and I was amazed that you could potentially be out of pocket thousands of pounds following your club through the bronze/ silver/ gold hospitality packages on offer as part of an enhanced season ticket. Incredible.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
120351634_10219490710632465_214972787162807062_n.jpg

Agreed the majority here; football really needs restructured financially. My BiL is an avid Rangers fan and I was amazed that you could potentially be out of pocket thousands of pounds following your club through the bronze/ silver/ gold hospitality packages on offer as part of an enhanced season ticket. Incredible.
I have nothing against that, to be honest. If people wish to spend their money on this kind of entertainment, it is perfectly acceptable to me. What sticks in my craw is the amount of force-feeding of football we get on TV and radio under the guise of sport, when it's all really one big soap opera.

I have nothing against that, to be honest. If people wish to spend their money on this kind of entertainment, it is perfectly acceptable to me. What sticks in my craw is the amount of force-feeding of football we get on TV and radio under the guise of sport, when it's all really one big money laundering making exercise.=

Fixed.

The lower the league position or status of a club the more sympathy I feel. The feeling starts to creep in about Championship level and increases for League One and so on.

For the Premier League it is contempt that kicks in, exacerbated by their reluctance to help out those below, treating the employees and fans like crap and then asking for help and sympathy. Perhaps if that cess pit was drained by COVID, we would have our silver lining to that cloud. Alas I don't see that happening.

How come only Leagues 1 and 2 have a wage cap?

...also someone mentioned gigs or the like a few posts back, for the O2 type venues and events good riddance I say. Extortionate ticket prices and (probably) £6.00 for a pint of shit lager in a plastic mug. Goodbye and good riddance (should it come to that) I say.

Hopefully it will mean that, post Covid, you'll be able to go into a pub without a televised football match assailing you from every conceivable angle. Followed by the inevitable post-mortem from other patrons.

And garrulous barbers will be lost for anything to say. In addition to football, all the airlines will have gone bust so the question, 'Going away for your holiday this year?' will never again arise.

Bliss.

Latest Threads