UK expensive or what!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by blindfire, Aug 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well guys, just returned from a week in the UK.

I could not believe the prices there - 1.95 for a cup of tea?? 70p for a bag of crisps?? - mind this was on the services.

Got to my old mans house and went out for a beer 2.90 for a pint :cry:

I won't go on about the price of petrol, but my old man was saying about the council tax etc - how can you guys that live in the UK afford it - it seemed so expensive for simple things I was gutted - I think I'll stay in Germany although thats not perfect at least I can go for a beer and not have to check my wallet that I've got enough in to pay :D
  2. 2.90? It's 4 quid a pint here! :evil:

Then again, it does keep the scum out. Not a student or chav in sight!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. How much is a pint in Germany?
  4. Good idea for a thread - "How much is a pint where you live?!"

About 95p here in Aus.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

£2.60 for a Guinness in the bar where I drink up to £2.90 in the pubs in the town center.
    But well over £3.00 a pint in Belfast.
  6. Prices in the UK are unbelivable! Even in a shithole like Northampton a pint of Stella will cost you £2:80. I got charged £7:00 for a double voddy and Coke the other day! On average a full tank of petrol will cost about £40:00 too. =|
  7. Out of curiosity, how much is that in Aussie dollors?

Its about 2 Euros in Rome, which is about £1:50.
  8. Had a team urine up in Berlin last Nov. Hotel which was in the old East was £40 for 2 nights B and B-converted workers flats, cheap, cheerful and very clean.
    Very cheap public transport-tram and U-Bahn. One day travel card about £2.00. Run on time as well-must be a tale there........
    The nitty gritty-beer prices were the same as London-but in Euros, tabs half price. Currywurst mit pommes about £1.50.
    Local boozer:£3.00 Fosters and similar. Full of chavs and East Euros behind the bar.
    Remind me who won the war................
  9. Even in a horrible travel lodge 2 nights will cost you over £100 and thats Oswestry we're talking about!

A day saver on the bus will cost you £2:50

Jumbo sausage, small chips and curry sauce £3:00

However a pint of kangaroo P**s will cost about £2:00
  10. About 2 bucks 50.
  11. Works out to about $2.30 AUD, but I would love to know where oz_duke gets his drinks considering when I left the Brissy in 95 a pint in the Brittania Inn was $5 AUD. Even now a stubby, 375m, costs around $3 AUD in most pubs. More in Oonce Oonce clubs. :(

Edited to rectify. Ozduke as opposed to what I typed, and stubbies are now 345m not 375
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

In a fucking Nissan Micra. People with real cars pay about £60+ for a full tank
  13. I dont actually own a car yet (Im a Leconfield graduate!) But £40:00 was for my sister's mini. I think ill get some thing small and girly and save money TBH
  14. Sweet jesus! the average 330m here will cost the equivalent of about $6:50AUD!
  15. I go to the UK on holidays almost every year. But to us it is indeed very expensive,no matter what you're buying.
    I take this all for granted,and even have a special "saving pot" to be able to pay for all the extras it will cost me to visit the UK instead of going on holiday in a European country. But still i always wonder how you manage to get yourselves p!ssed! It would take a fortune for me!