Uk crims cant shhot for shit

In todays metro
5,911 shooting reported to the police in last year
Only 39 were fatal.

Obviously UKs crims are lousy shots.

Someone taking pot shots at a rabbit with an air rifle is classed as a shooting incident if reported to the police. I must be responsible for 80% of thoses statistics!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Someone taking pot shots at a rabbit with an air rifle is classed as a shooting incident if reported to the police. I must be responsible for 80% of thoses statistics!
So you fired over 4500 shots and only hit 39.

Fuck me your crap.

I've heard it said of WW2, that around 2200 rounds were fired for each casualty.

Not bad then, but them bunnies don't shoot back do they?
There was a study done a few years ago, sponsored by the US forces. They got servicemen/women from all over the Army and put them on a range. They then displayed Fig 11 type targets and worked out the average score. Next they replaced the targets with ones depicting photograph type photos displaying 'enemy' firing at them. They found that the average went right down when the 'real' depictions were used. Interestingly most shots going high but a significant number being aimed at the lower leg and foot. There were only 5% that were unaffected by the target type. I'm guessing that ties in with the figures you give. Many modern/civilised people just don't have it in them to kill their own kind.

nazicat.jpg

I almost had to call this little pussy cat out of action, but then realised it was BH. He always types with his head.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
There was a study done a few years ago, sponsored by the US forces. They got servicemen/women from all over the Army and put them on a range. They then displayed Fig 11 type targets and worked out the average score. Next they replaced the targets with ones depicting photograph type photos displaying 'enemy' firing at them. They found that the average went right down when the 'real' depictions were used. Interestingly most shots going high but a significant number being aimed at the lower leg and foot. There were only 5% that were unaffected by the target type. I'm guessing that ties in with the figures you give. Many modern/civilised people just don't have it in them to kill their own kind.
Didn't they also find out that when the the Figure 11 targets had pictures of allied soldiers on them the US contingent reached a 100% hit rate.

ugly

LE
If you are involved in a B on B as in op trident then you are fairly unlucky to be hit with even an unaimed shot, a lot of the weapons involved appear to be converted blank firers/reactivated deacts etc (esp if you believe acpos statistics behind the VCRA banning orders). In fact the BoB shootings are just as likely to involve them seriously injuring themselves!

Apart from the North Nottingham bunch and a couple of black factions the weapon of choice locally is the blank firing copy of a Glock. £100 to buy, they then sand off the orange paint, drill the barrel through and cobble together rounds using the blanks and ball bearings.

The small projectile and the fact they're using the blank rounds means some of the 'brothas' don't even go to the hospital when hit. The brother of a lad I went to school with was shot by one on a night out in Birmingham and when he got to hospital said the wound was no worse than an airgun wound.

P

Prefect

Wasn't there a study of WW2 verterans that found that less than 1 in 10 soldiers in combat aimed to kill? Most people just aimed to keep the enemy's heads down or keep them away.

Harry Patch said that when he was in a machine gun crew the No1 aimed at lower leg height but they never said anything at the time because he'd have been disciplined for not aiming to kill