UK Citizenship test

Should we have to pass the UK citizenship test before been allowed to vote?

This would confirm our awareness & understanding of the system we are voting in.

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

If yes, i'd have just lost my right to vote!!

You have failed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 15 out of 24 (63%)

Time taken: 05 minutes 41 seconds

i best leave then I only got 50% right oppss

Questions answered correctly: 13 out of 24 (54%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 17 seconds
then again about half the questions have ZERO baring for someone resident and already taxed to death to pay for immigrants, sven & his ilk and brown's "stewardship" of this country.

I got two wrong.... bizarely I didn't know the year when women got the chance to devorce their hubbies, and I thought that anyone still unemployed after six months had to join new-deal to continue receiving benefits.....

failed 50% pretty radom selection of facts

dangerousdave said:
Not got a British Passport? - Can't vote! Simples!
Is it mandatory to hold one? And we could just make some sort of test to earn the passport, which would equate to the same as a 'voting test'.

Although it does fit in with my beleif that convicted people should lose their passports....

I'm Welsh so it dont count

dangerousdave said:
That would include people who refuse to get the biometric one on a point of principle? You'd be happy to see people disenfranchised for objecting to government policy?

smartascarrots said:
dangerousdave said:
That would include people who refuse to get the biometric one on a point of principle? You'd be happy to see people disenfranchised for objecting to government policy?
Everyone should be made to have a passport or ID card. It proves a person has the right to be here and the right to work, and proves they who they claim to be.

dangerousdave said:
Everyone should be made to have a passport or ID card. It proves a person has the right to be here and the right to work, and proves they who they claim to be.
A substantial number of people (including Conservatives) disagree with your first point and your second point doesn't stand up in the face of the prevalence of identity theft. All an ID card proves is who that ID card says you are, nothing more.

See you at the ballot box.

Questions answered correctly: 12 out of 24 (50%)

Time taken: 05 minutes 16 seconds

oh well, back to the hole i go then. I concure they are the most irrelevant facts about "UK life". Nothing about the monarchy, nothing about the great wars, - it's all a load of SH!T...

T

trowel

I only managed to achieve 54%. I put this down to the fact that most of the questions have absolutely nothing to do with being British.

trowel said:
I only managed to achieve 54%. I put this down to the fact that most of the questions have absolutely nothing to do with being British.
Indeed.

Questions answered correctly: 12 out of 24 (50%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 13 seconds

As it's Tubbs1970's thread, I'll help him...............It's all Israels's fault that he failed the test. :lol: :p

dangerousdave said:
smartascarrots said:
dangerousdave said:
... or a Mossad agent.

C_C

Citizenship test.....

An E grade or above in the following subjects at GCSE level.

English.
Maths.
PE
Home Ec (particularly food, cooking and nutrition).
Citizenship.... (a specific GCSE (pass or fail grade) covering British History, Politics, Responsibilities of a Citizen, common law, criminal law, health and safety and a few hours spent working for the good and benefit of the country).

A lot better than the linked gash.

chocolate_frog said:
I got two wrong.... bizarely I didn't know the year when women got the chance to devorce their hubbies, and I thought that anyone still unemployed after six months had to join new-deal to continue receiving benefits.....
Got the unemployment one right (never been), the divorce one wrong (never been), but thought schools needed to stay open an extra couple of weeks and that the under-18s got free prescriptions (although that might have to do with being resident in middle jock-land.)

So, I'm allowed to stay, I think?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fltpilot The NAAFI Bar 34
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 110
Archimedes Current Affairs, News and Analysis 13