UK Camouflage

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That was my first thought when I saw MTP. Bar the use of black in DPM, the colours/shades weren't too far different.
Colours are the same, pattern is every so slightly different incorporating shapes from DPM, theAussie version incorporates the jelly bean pattern but again same colour pallette

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The shapes of the blotches is all, the palette is the same but MTP has some very British DPMesque shapes in it, along with dots feathering some of the larger blotches
Should have read to the end dammit

Hopefully it will be the long-awaited announcement that anyone who still has DPM kit (and can still fit in it) should go to their local TA centre to be issued an S*R, bomb up, and start gatecrashing house parties.
Ooooooooo! You sure know how to tease an aged Rifleman don't you. I'll not be able to sleep tonight now.

Ooooooooo! You sure know how to tease an aged Rifleman don't you. I'll not be able to sleep tonight now.
'Fix Swords!!!'

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Out of interest, if you had a choice of wearing the old style 68 pattern p m or the dennison smock Vs the 77 onwards version?

puttees optional as current thinking is aku are better than boots dms…..
I prefer my Albert microlight, the MTP para smock is gash.

Check_0ne_Two

Old-Salt
Royal certainly setting themselves apart from run of the mill units and cap badges with a determined drive to distance themselves from the light infantry role they'd found themselves in through Herrick and now a raise in the Ally stakes.

Certainly going to appeal to the COD / Xbox fans. Going to need a bigger recruitment office...

Out of interest, if you had a choice of wearing the old style 68 pattern p m or the dennison smock Vs the 77 onwards version?

puttees optional as current thinking is aku are better than boots dms…..
68? surely you mean 58 pattern as in CEFO and CEMO.
Didn't you just love it when it was wet and it froze, and then to add insult to injury, then stuff would shrink as it thawed and dried. Oh! how we chuckled merrily as we contorted or young bodies to get the fookin stuff done up when it had shrunk.
Still got mine, and if things keep on going the way they are, I can see myself dusting it off again.

I suppose people might move from one area to another but so quickly that they don't have time to get suitable clothing? Kit that works for the desert/jungle may not be right for the arctic or europe and vice versa.

I'd forgotten about AI type spotting though, that makes sense. Thanks for that.

@tommikka That would be the reason that the army used to issue different kit for different theatres during most conflicts. Made sense then which was why I was puzzled.
I suppose people might move from one area to another but so quickly that they don't have time to get suitable clothing? Kit that works for the desert/jungle may not be right for the arctic or europe and vice versa.

I'd forgotten about AI type spotting though, that makes sense. Thanks for that.

@tommikka That would be the reason that the army used to issue different kit for different theatres during most conflicts. Made sense then which was why I was puzzled.
RM have previously blended kit when they felt the terrain warranted it. In Norway they often wore DPM top and white bottom, and when they deployed to Afghanistan for the first time after 9/11, 45 Cdo wore DPM smocks top and desert DPM bottom

Didn't you just love it when it was wet and it froze, and then to add insult to injury, then stuff would shrink as it thawed and dried. Oh! how we chuckled merrily as we contorted or young bodies to get the fookin stuff done up when it had shrunk.
Still got mine, and if things keep on going the way they are, I can see myself dusting it off again.
My apologies i was meaning the uniform clothing not the webbing

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Can anyone point me in the direction something that documents the evolution of DPM?
created by some drugged up french speaking artist a century ago if I remember right

68 pattern. It came in long after the webbing, which was worn with the plain green combat suit.

Latest Threads