UK BoardGame Expos 2017 onwards(NEC/Hilton, June)

A slight split from the 'give us a forum' thread for boardgames/wargames.

I (and the family) will be heading to the UK BG Expo in June. Essentially this is a mix of trade show and playing areas, and was great fun last year, even though we didn't play any games as our hotel was too far away for evening gaming and I was 'working' during the days.

We are staying in the Hilton itself this year, so more gaming will be taking place, the other thing about the Expo is that the BGG lending library will be there, so a good chance to play/learn new games, especially if you can find someone who has played before to instruct/play with you.

So, who wants to meet up and share a beer/gaming table?

Cheers Dingerr, knew I missed something - I blame the near 4 year old with chicken pox bouncing on my head.

Fancy meeting for a brew then?
Oh aye, if I'm definitely going, we'll square it away closer to the date.

I'll be there on the Saturday if anyone fancies a beer during the day.
Being CS will you be dressed up as a human being?

Sat and Sunday I'll be found on the Geeknson stand selling tables to anyone who wants one, but can always duck away for a brew.

I might be able to sort a table if people want to use one for a game of something, but no promises....

There's too much to see to have a decent game of anything.

There's too much to see to have a decent game of anything.
If only going for daytime I agree, I was thinking in the evenings.....

RZer0

LE
Great event, I went to the very first one. They were not expecting the numbers they got turning up for what is considered a bit of niche market. Its why it moved the NEC.
I could be tempted to go myself if the wife lets me.

We went last year, and I'm looking forward to going again.

My parents are coming down in the camper and are going to look after the boy at Thomas land for the weekend too...

@RZer0 try and convince the wife, the street food thing they had at the back of the Hilton last year was good, and if she isn't into games then maybe book the Spa round the corner....

RZer0

LE
We went last year, and I'm looking forward to going again.

My parents are coming down in the camper and are going to look after the boy at Thomas land for the weekend too...

@RZer0 try and convince the wife, the street food thing they had at the back of the Hilton last year was good, and if she isn't into games then maybe book the Spa round the corner....
:) I went to the first one because of my wife, I think it will come down to. "You can go, but your only taking £30 with you!". I have to many figures unpainted as it is.

ah, make sure ou pack a card ;)

:) I went to the first one because of my wife, I think it will come down to. "You can go, but your only taking £30 with you!". I have to many figures unpainted as it is.
Ooooh, read this and then as I have a slack period just now followed dingerr's link. Well I do need some 28mm figures for Osprey En Garde (currently looking at the Wargames Foundry Swashbucklers & Seadogs sets)...

In no way is my interest because I saw "cosplay" mentioned on the site, not at all ;)

RZer0

LE
Ooooh, read this and then as I have a slack period just now followed dingerr's link. Well I do need some 28mm figures for Osprey En Garde (currently looking at the Wargames Foundry Swashbucklers & Seadogs sets)...

In no way is my interest because I saw "cosplay" mentioned on the site, not at all ;)
The first one, had a dungeon with cosplayers promoting 4th edt D&D. The female elves were very fetching. My wife (then gf) said "No effing chance your taking part". I still married her though.

Blast it! Just checked diary & MasterPlume playing in a football tournament in Italy that weekend.

Must be said disappointment is as much as he chooses to play Association Football as much as missing cosplayers, sorry Expo. At least I will be able to admire signorinas on the beach instead, as long as MrsPlume not watching ;)

Latest Threads