UK aviation and BREXIT

So all those flights that travel to the UK will just stop? All those US airlines will not travel anymore and all those BA flights will just stop, remember BA is not a UK airline its HQ is in Madrid. All those contrails that I see above my house every day will turn left or right and land in France along with all the ones that are already landing there.
Potentially, if there's no agreement on how it's all going to work. It's not where the company is based that's the issue, it's whether there's groundcrew and pilots with the correct paperwork (for the new way of things) to fly or work on them.

Of course, hopefully there'll be a deal before that happens.

D

Deleted 158059

Potentially, if there's no agreement on how it's all going to work. It's not where the company is based that's the issue, it's whether there's groundcrew and pilots with the correct paperwork (for the new way of things) to fly or work on them.

Of course, hopefully there'll be a deal before that happens.
A key thing is insurance coverage, or lack thereof would force airlines to suspend flights in and out of the UK, where we are not under the umbrella of a recognised NAA

I asked a mate stateside who is ex USMC and an aircraft technician, and he said its surprisingly easy to get authority to fly planes into or out of the US.
He did say however that the certification issue is going to be a "Clusterfuck".
But is not insurmountable.

Edit: He saw no reason why his faa certificates would not be recognised as bonefied by the US authorities.

Edit again: If he saw me calling him an"ex Marine" he would rip my throat out.
"ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE".

Last edited:
D

Deleted 158059

I asked a mate stateside who is ex USMC and an aircraft technician, and he said its surprisingly easy to get authority to fly planes into or out of the US.
He did say however that the certification issue is going to be a "Clusterfuck".
But is not insurmountable.

Edit: He saw no reason why his faa certificates would not be recognised as bonefied by the US authorities.

Edit again: If he saw me calling him an"ex Marine" he would rip my throat out.
"ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE".
The issue isn't United States airspace

But the point is, that if he came over here and serviced aircraft, the US would have no problem signing them off for transportation.
I think that if we closed down the right to fly over our skies then the situation would be resolved very quickly.
whithin hours rather than days.

Last edited:
But the point is, that if he came over here and serviced aircraft, the US would have no problem signing them off for transportation.
I think that if we closed down the right to fly over our skies then the situation would be resolved very quickly.
whithin hours rather than days.
Minutes, I would think. The only way aircraft are going to stop flying from/to/over/in/out of the UK is if our glorious Brexit team actually have the most massive brain fart ever and completely eff up any deal.......ooer, 'ang on.

No, planes will carry on flying, people will still get their medicines, food will still be available.
The economy of the UK, on the other hand..........

EASA has 32 members. The EU currently has 28, soon to be 27.
Why therefore can Norway and Iceland, Lichtenstein and Switzerland, all of whom are not in the EU, be members and UK can't post leaving the EU.
Seems to me to be more scare stories like the one about Macron shutting Calais.
Nothing to stop the U.K. retaining EASA membership with agreement from both sides.

But once your a 3rd country you will be subject to the same conditions as the others...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nothing to stop the U.K. retaining EASA membership with agreement from both sides.

But once your a 3rd country you will be subject to the same conditions as the others...
For the EU this is a very simple process, "How much money can we screw out of the UK for continued membership of EASA?"

Remember, in all negotiations the EU has one aim, and one aim only, to maximise the money they get from the UK Treasury. That is the sum total of the EU's principles.

There has been a form of words put forward accessible to both sides that fully meets the UKs redlines, all it needs is the EU to stop saying non for purely ideological reasons.

For the EU this is a very simple process, "How much money can we screw out of the UK for continued membership of EASA?"

Remember, in all negotiations the EU has one aim, and one aim only, to maximise the money they get from the UK Treasury. That is the sum total of the EU's principles.
It is the UK’s willingness to accept the terms, eg ECJ jurisdiction, pay without representation, taking back control etc

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

It's what you voted for. These little difficulties were mentioned beforehand.

There has been a form of words put forward accessible to both sides that fully meets the UKs redlines, all it needs is the EU to stop saying non for purely ideological reasons.
If the U.K. wants to be part of an EU institution why should the rules that 27+ countries have already agreed be changed ?

If the U.K. wants access to them they agree to the rules

If the U.K. wants to be part of an EU institution why should the rules that 27+ countries have already agreed be changed ?

Because it wasnt the EU 27 that set up EASA.

D

Deleted 158059

Brexiteers expect this across the board.

Full access to the bits we like with no responsibility.

Latest Threads