UK aviation and BREXIT

Are you suggesting that if a greater proportion actually knew or understood what it was all about, some of the 48% who voted Remain may have voted BREXIT?

Or are you suggesting that it was only 90% of the BREXIT voters who didn't know or understand things as you do?
Neither.
I don't think the majority of the population got the facts or were given in a clear way the ramifications of many parts of Brexit. Sadly both campaines on both sides were missleading people. Ie 350 million a week coming back.... Some of the rather extreme parts of project fear removed any support for the parts that were real. Even though they sounded extreme.

However for many they were blinded by an ideal (like many scots in the independence referendum) and would probably have ignored the realities You only have to dee the stupidity of the Brexit Loon in the Brexit aviation thread.

Havingspokne to industry leaders in several industries whilst some of the 48% might have voted leave I think the vast majority would have voted remain. That being the lesser evil. It does not mean Remain is perfect, far from it, the EU is a bit of a shambles but it is the least worst option as the world is now.

So your just ranting and made zero effort to read the actuality behind the extreme positions of the opposing sides?

Quelle surprise, the fat lazy CAA doesn’t want to get off its cozy featherbedded arse and do some heavy lifting... who’d have thunk it!

There is no requirement to leave EASA, there is a requirement not to have the ECJ ruling over us, there is, despite the febrile rantings of the EUrofanatics, a work around available that ticks the boxes. It’s in the PMs statement.
Only none of the nonsense you spout is true. The CAA follows the mandate set by government and that is business as usual. If they are told (and funded!) to expand then they will. Simple as that.

The PMs statements are big on unicorns, small on detail and I confidently predict the ECJ will be yet another red line that isn't. Other non-EU european countries have signed up to EASA membership using the ECJ as a dispute resolution mechanism, it's the only deal the EU can offer given their existing legislation and it is what the UK will accept if they want to stay in EASA. Which we do, so we will.

But what about Switzerland you cry, well, that sort of bespoke deal which amounts to the same thing only more complicated would take more time than we have to agree and implement, and in any case the EU are on record as saying they won't do that again. So theoretically possible but practically, never going to happen.

It's almost as if every single aviation professional out there who backs staying in EASA - that is, all of them - know more about the industry they have spent their careers in than some random on the internet.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
So your just ranting and made zero effort to read the actuality behind the extreme positions of the opposing sides?

Quelle surprise, the fat lazy CAA doesn’t want to get off its cozy featherbedded arse and do some heavy lifting... who’d have thunk it!

There is no requirement to leave EASA, there is a requirement not to have the ECJ ruling over us, there is, despite the febrile rantings of the EUrofanatics, a work around available that ticks the boxes. It’s in the PMs statement.
It's no wonder that you are on rops when you post drivel like this.

Straight from the Daily Mail comments section.

Have the mods investigated whether meerkatz is actually a Russian troll here to spread anti EU hysteria?

@Guns @Sixty @Good CO

Only none of the nonsense you spout is true. The CAA follows the mandate set by government and that is business as usual. If they are told (and funded!) to expand then they will. Simple as that.

The PMs statements are big on unicorns, small on detail and I confidently predict the ECJ will be yet another red line that isn't. Other non-EU european countries have signed up to EASA membership using the ECJ as a dispute resolution mechanism, it's the only deal the EU can offer given their existing legislation and it is what the UK will accept if they want to stay in EASA. Which we do, so we will.

But what about Switzerland you cry, well, that sort of bespoke deal which amounts to the same thing only more complicated would take more time than we have to agree and implement, and in any case the EU are on record as saying they won't do that again. So theoretically possible but practically, never going to happen.

It's almost as if every single aviation professional out there who backs staying in EASA - that is, all of them - know more about the industry they have spent their careers in than some random on the internet.

Feel free to tell her she's wrong

Contact the Prime Minister - Great Britain and Northern Ireland

When I ranted a bit last week about the number of flights into Cyprus for some reason I stated 3...just looked at the flight itinerary for the flights home this afternoon, should have read 10.
That's ten UK flights with 240/ people , 2400 flying with TUI alone , in a week off season , in Cyprus, now multiply that by about £400, (some may have paid more, some less, but 400£, but £400 is about average), flying through Paphos airport, which is in itself probably the worst airport in Europe, and you get an idea just how dependent these little EU States depend upon the UK to continue flying unimpeded

Now think what is going to happen when the sky falls on your head, and the world grounds the UK air fleet..... It just isn't going to be allowed to happen

The CAA and the RAeS must be shitting themselves, there's a guy on the internet who knows how to do every job better than anyone else.
Minor edit

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

It's no wonder that you are on rops when you post drivel like this.

Straight from the Daily Mail comments section.

Have the mods investigated whether meerkatz is actually a Russian troll here to spread anti EU hysteria?

@Guns @Sixty @Good CO
Nobody likes grasses!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Now think what is going to happen when the sky falls on your head, and the world grounds the UK air fleet..... It just isn't going to be allowed to happen
We know, we're staying in EASA if we can and bending over for the FAA if we can't.

Wouldn't get out of bed for it these days
TBH, statements like that don't help anyone
While ago , after my lad was demobbed, his cousin( former REME recovery mech) said the same to him, and he listened to his bumming himself up to look big shit, and missed out on quite a few decent job opportunities

So ...are YOU just blowing hot air as well?

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Then why had there been so much shirt tearing on here about it?
Because being subordinate to EU courts and legislative i.e. sovereignty was a big reason for leaving for some folk. Have a spool through the brexit threads for loads of such attitudes.

Staying in EASA without a seat at the rule making table is the exact opposite of taking back control.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
TBH, statements like that don't help anyone
While ago , after my lad was demobbed, his cousin( former REME recovery mech) said the same to him, and he listened to his bumming himself up to look big shit, and missed out on quite a few decent job opportunities

So ...are YOU just blowing hot air as well?
No, I did say these days.

I've been a professional engineer for more than 15 years, hence my expectations are higher.

I was simply responding to an insult

Because being subordinate to EU courts and legislative i.e. sovereignty was a big reason for leaving for some folk. Have a spool through the brexit threads for loads of such attitudes.

Staying in EASA without a seat at the rule making table is the exact opposite of taking back control.
Love to carry on with this, but they've just called us for our transfer to the airport

Bending over might be the only option...

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
When I ranted a bit last week about the number of flights into Cyprus for some reason I stated 3...just looked at the flight itinerary for the flights home this afternoon, should have read 10.
That's ten UK flights with 240/ people , 2400 flying with TUI alone , in a week off season , in Cyprus, now multiply that by about £400, (some may have paid more, some less, but 400£, but £400 is about average), flying through Paphos airport, which is in itself probably the worst airport in Europe, and you get an idea just how dependent these little EU States depend upon the UK to continue flying unimpeded

I agree entirely. OK, the whole situation may be a cluster but I'm pretty sure some compromise will be reached before the actual date. It would be unthinkable for all flights from UK to suddenly stop and no-one will fly from or to UK.
The compromise will have to come from someone but I can't believe it will come to a standstill.
Yes, some of those involved in it will say it will be difficult but it won't be impossible.