UK aviation and BREXIT

Bit off a problem with that idea

No way does the RoI want anything to do with the bigoted failed state that is Northern Ireland
That is my understanding too; with the exception of a couple of die-hard Shinners, I have never met any degree of enthusiasm from Irish citizens for getting the Six Counties back.

Bit off a problem with that idea

No way does the RoI want anything to do with the bigoted failed state that is Northern Ireland
I agree completely.

The problem is if there is a referendum in NI (apparently it is legally required due to the Good Friday Agreement) and it goes unification/stay in the EU (which is highly likely) every Irishman in the world, other than a small number of hard line DUP/UDA etc types, will cheer and have the mother of all parties.

Now the RoI government has a problem. They can't refuse to welcome back the 6 counties.... complete with a ready made terrorist war, civil unrest, a depressed industrial environment etc etc So how do they get out of it?

How can the RoI refuse to drink the poisoned Chalice. I suppose they can demand from the UK various payments to prop ups the economy and industries etc a sort of transition period etc. and then claim the negotiations with the wicked British Government have failed?
In short a bloody mess.

Now the DUP are saying the GFA does not apply in this case. Everyone else is saying it does (because the majority want to stay in the EU and a lot of them also want to unify Ireland). So HMG with the RoI need to find a way to say the GFA does not require a referendum in this.

The bigger problem is that if NI gets a referendum (because of the GFD) Scotland is really going to start screaming for one. Even though there is no legal precedent for one.
Another Bloody Mess.

At the same time as oft said by the Brexiteers "Businesses will sort it out" well they have... we are keeping the ECJ and the Single Market (and they are looking at the Customs union) and a real easy way of getting the high calibre EU work forcer and the agricultural EU workforce some sort of easy access... so it is Brexit In Name Only. Except NI and Scotland will try for a divorce.

A complete bloody mess.

No, a hard Brexit is not a solution as we promptly loose all flights in/out of UK airspace AND the whole Aviation industry over night and the banking sector the following morning (by boat/train) .

I have no idea how we get out of this mess

Well we all knew this before the Referendum so why did all the Brexit loons vote to end all UK civil flights and close the UK airports thereby crippling UK business?

They all claim they knew what they were voting for so either a most of the Brexiteers did NOT know what they voted for or were trying to ruin the UK.

No, a hard Brexit is not a solution as we promptly loose all flights in/out of UK airspace AND the whole Aviation industry over night and the banking sector the following morning (by boat/train) .

I have no idea how we get out of this mess
Except there seems to be no realistic risk of this aviation doomsday scenario.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Reprint all EASA documentation, subsutute ‘CAA’ for ‘EASA.
That’d the paperless sotprted. The reverse of what happened when the CAA morphed into EASA.
Please stop. You are talking from a place of ignorance and your posts are not helping dispel the opinion by many on here of your lack of intellect and understanding of complex matters.

Doing a find and replace would be the worse thing possible.

Doing a find and replace would be the worse thing possible.
Except that is exactly what is being proposed via the so-called 'Henry VIII' clauses, which will directly incorporate European Law into domestic law and which will continue to observe European Court judgements. Essentially, EASA will come to mean CAA.

Well, Michael O'Deary from OurLadyAir has threatened us with grounding his flights, so we can see what it is like without him.

I wonder if anyone will notice
Well, I will, as I use them to commute to our head office in France.
As they carried 120m passengers last year, I'm fairly sure that one or two others would notice too.

Not that I for one moment take anything that comes out the gobshite's mouth seriously....

Except that is exactly what is being proposed via the so-called 'Henry VIII' clauses, which will directly incorporate European Law into domestic law and which will continue to observe European Court judgements. Essentially, EASA will come to mean CAA.
Have the CAA begun hiring?

Someone should let them know.

It's not just copying laws into domestic law, it's demonstrating compliance. This would need a ramped up CAA.

We either crash out an ground all aircraft, or we continue in EASA, with all that entails

Have the CAA begun hiring?

Someone should let them know.

It's not just copying laws into domestic law, it's demonstrating compliance. This would need a ramped up CAA.

We either crash out an ground all aircraft, or we continue in EASA, with all that entails
Out of interest, do you work in aviation?

I'm not being argumentative, just asking. ,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheBlackPearl(aaarrgghh!) Aviation 30
C Aviation 7
P Aviation 5