UK and US carry out air tanking exercise

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Challenger can fly? Really???
  3. Might it help (in so many ways) if aircraft were based much closer to the target... say, on a mobile floating airfield? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Umm.. I know the Seps can refuel our lot with a wee modification, but the Timmy's are bit bereft of a boom aren't they?
  5. I saw one in BATUS that had done.....wasn't pretty......:thumright:
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Pix or it didn't happen. You know the rules.
  7. War Department_RSS

I say, today in a spiffing demonstration of collaboration, the RAF bombed Berlin along with our USAAF bretheren in a joint operation to improve the way we prosecute the war against the Hun.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

and according to the dutch and germans today its a gift that keeps on giving :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. What happened when the yank fighters Were they vectored on to 'notional' tankers?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. True enough. but if I remember correctly The US air force has an adapter they can fit to their tactical aircraft so that they can refuel using the more common probe and drouge system used by almost every other airforce, but I don't think they use it very often as their tanker rescources are so large they can get away with it.
  11. In this case the adaptor was a funnel. For a jerry can. By a RAF bloke on the end of a rope out of the back of herc.
  12. Fitted for, but not with fuel.....?
  13. The SAC or the Herc?
  14. And let the Navy play in the fast jet game, NEVER!!! RAF, run by fast jet pilots, for fast jet pilots and in order to prevent any capability falling into the hands of another service who might operate it better, cheaper, etc.