UK 1 - France 0

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheLordFlasheart, Jul 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Olympics, 2012. Well fcuk my old boots!

2. Hope it means we'll finally get some decent stadiums across the country (not JUST London) and decent swimming pools, etc, etc, etc. Still think the taxpayers money could be used on other more important things though.

But isn't it nice to take it away from the French. Just can't help but smile a little.

Let's hope our public transport will be majorly improved to, to impress the tourists who will be on their way in a few years.

3. Hope it means we'll finally get some decent stadiums across the country (not JUST London) and decent swimming pools, etc, etc, etc. Still think the taxpayers money could be used on other more important things though.

But isn't it nice to take it away from the French. Just can't help but smile a little.

Let's hope our public transport will be majorly improved to, to impress the tourists who will be on their way in a few years.

4. I was going to start this thread but anyway, hurrah! I don't care what the cynics say, this will be good for British business and sport. Also, it is a sneaky one-up on the French which is always a good thing.

5. That was quick flashy

Well done London, Just need to make a first class job of it now.

Zippy483

6. About time the UK and in particularly London gets the recognition it deserves!!! Well done London 2012 team and well done Good old England for getting one over and beating the French!!! Lets hope Mayor Ken and his spin gurus and lackies now sort out transport and infrastructure!!!

7. IM FOOKING GOB SMACKED I REALLY THOUGHT THE CHEESE EATING SURRENDER MONKEYS HAD IT IN THE BAG
    DID YOU SEE UM WAVING THEIR FLAGS, THEY'LL ALWAYS GET A GOLD MEDAL FOR THAT EVENT

8. BRILLIANT! :D

"But isn't it nice to take it away from the French. Just can't help but smile a little."

Crossed my mind! Double brilliant!

9. thooper, think we'll maybe wins some races this time?:D

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Its a curse I would quite happily have wished on the Frogs - although no doubt we'd have ended up paying for it anyway via some EU trough.

Now lets see which of our great leaders will take charge. Prescott? Falkner? TCH? or any of that cluster of loses and never beens, or maybe Tone will resign and take it on himself.

11. Wasn't that keen on London getting but f'ck me is it funny watching them French buggers cry hahahahahahah:):):)

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Bugger !

More money wasted, but at least Red Ken'll get his grid in the papers again...

13. Thank Christ the French didn’t get it!!!!
    We got a lot of work to do between now and 2012.

14. We need to lobby the IOC now to get Archery with the ENGLISH LONGBOW introduced as a new sport, just to put the salt in the wounds of our esteemed neighbors.