UFOs "dont exist"

#2
Plasma, huh? That's almost as good as the US Air Forces' "Swamp Gas" theory back in 1969(?)

(dons tinfoil hat):
UFOs ARE real. My snakes told me so!! 8O 8O
 
#3
There are tens of thousands of solar systems out there (anybody have an idea how many really?)
each woth lots of planets wandering around them
Is it really so difficult to believe that one or more of these planets supports a species technologically far superior to us, capable of wandering the universe doing the tourist bit?
Logic and probability would suggest that it's quite likely somebody out there is travelling through space in a way we can only imagine :lol:
Quite likely I'd think
 
#4
if you were a technological advanced race and travelled to earth why abduct some in bred retard ?
 

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#5
woody said:
if you were a technological advanced race and travelled to earth why abduct some in bred retard ?
...for fun? To wind up the general population?
 
#7
woody said:
if you were a technological advanced race and travelled to earth why abduct some in bred retard ?
Lots of people have stupid puppies and kittens and find their behavior endearing :lol: Besides, if you can, why not :twisted:
 
#8
jagman said:
There are tens of thousands of solar systems out there (anybody have an idea how many really?)
each woth lots of planets wandering around them
Is it really so difficult to believe that one or more of these planets supports a species technologically far superior to us, capable of wandering the universe doing the tourist bit?
Logic and probability would suggest that it's quite likely somebody out there is travelling through space in a way we can only imagine :lol:
Quite likely I'd think
Actualy, "tens of thousands" is probably a bit low! There are at least 100 billion stars in our galaxy that we know of, most of which are Main-Sequence stars like our sun. Any one could have a system of planets.
Carl Sagan once proposed that intelligent life not only exists in our galaxy, but is probably common.
The question is whether or not they're coming here or not.
 
#9
YankMarine said:
jagman said:
There are tens of thousands of solar systems out there (anybody have an idea how many really?)
each woth lots of planets wandering around them
Is it really so difficult to believe that one or more of these planets supports a species technologically far superior to us, capable of wandering the universe doing the tourist bit?
Logic and probability would suggest that it's quite likely somebody out there is travelling through space in a way we can only imagine :lol:
Quite likely I'd think
Actualy, "tens of thousands" is probably a bit low! There are at least 100 billion stars in our galaxy that we know of, most of which are Main-Sequence stars like our sun. Any one could have a system of planets.
Carl Sagan once proposed that intelligent life not only exists in our galaxy, but is probably common.
The question is whether or not they're coming here or not.
Not in HMG it doesn't

Though you can't get much more common than Two Shags Prescott.
 
#10
woody said:
if you were a technological advanced race and travelled to earth why abduct some in bred retard ?
to conduct animal testing. We use dogs, cats, rabbits, monkeys..etc



ps. why is it monkeys and not monkies??
 
#11
Maybe someone should ask for Fighter Intercept records from the RAF under the FOIA?
 
#12
I once saw something that I thought that could be a UFO. It was long and silver and seemed to be weighted down on one side. It flashed past me at a huge rate of knots and disappeared as if by magic. I thought a trick of the light, extraordinary weather conditions or was this the holy grail of all Star Trek fans, a real UFO?

None of those. It was Prescott driving his Jag on the motorway.
 
#13
in a hurry for a shag?? :lol:
 
#14
AF1771 said:
in a hurry for a shag?? lol
Well we know it's not long and probably not silver so I wonder why the rush.
 
#15
I onced witnessed a 'UFO' was with 2 other mates one of whom was a Police Officer, we were all stone cold sober and tried to think og logical explinations, we came up with none. Talking to a friend a few days later who waited on in a local pub, we found out that quite a few of the regulars came in talking about seeing strange lights in the sky too. (Being on the way to the pub they were also sober).
 
#16
Thought I saw one today and was not under the inluence of Grolsch either.

Driving through Ahaus just over the border in Germany and saw a provocative nose poking out of a building called Hangar 23. The nose belonged to a Fitter (SU22) that appeared to be bolted to the hangar roof.

Just checked online and Hangar 23 is part of a night club called POVERONOV and the Fitter is an attraction which probably doesn't say much about the women that go there. Of course there are night clubs and there are night clubs and it's only when the table tennis balls splash in your drink and you see what was firing them that you realise that it's THAT sort of nightclub. I think this was a more normal one playing good German music so maybe not that normal after all.
 
#17
Do they exist or not?

Personally , I think 'unusual flying machines' (UFM) do - Whether they are extraterrestial I have no idea, but I damn well know what I saw.
 
#18
After photographing the Ikea hanging light 'Smoogli' and air brushing out the flex I have positive proof that they do.

And they use energy bulbs as well.
 

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
#19
Of course UFO's exist. If you see an object in the sky (i.e flying), and you dont know what it is, it is unidentified.....

I like the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy theory that UFO's etc are bored rich alien kids who find small planets and walk up and down making beep beep noises in fronof some inbred that no one is ever gonna believe.

Off topic as such, anyone read World war by Harry turtledove? recommneded read and intelligant what if book about aliens...
 
#20
I have no doubt that there must be intelligent life out there....

It is estimated that there are 100,000,000,000 stars per galaxy and 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the universe.

So the total number of stars in the universe is roughly 100 billion x 100 billion.

That's 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, 10 thousand, billion, billion. Properly known as 10 sextillion.

So the odds a overwhelmingly that there is plenty of intelligent life out there.
Will we ever encounter it? Of course not - if you can't go faster than the speed of light as Einstien predicts it would take millions of years for them to come to the earth. The odds that any species would travel a million years there and back (oh and use infinite energy to go that fast and infinite energy to slow down again) to **** prob some redneck seems a little...
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top