UFC this weekend

Anybody see it? The Rousey fight was just plain savage.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
Weidman didn't look happy in the 4th and 5th, one more round and he could have been in trouble IMHO.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
He definitely won the first, second and third but the fourth and fifth were Machidas

A good night for both the Uriah's as well, Hall and Faber. Can't quite see why they had Faber on the undercard though, seemed like a crap fight for him.

Fish and Chips

On ROPS
On ROPs
Bisping or Henderson, Who's it going to be then?

To me Bisping looked the more focused at the meet up, but Henderson looked unfazed.

Ritch

LE
Bisping or Henderson, Who's it going to be then?

To me Bisping looked the more focused at the meet up, but Henderson looked unfazed.
Spider, give me one example of a UFC fighter looking fazed before a bout.

Judging by Hendo's erratic performances of late, Bisping will retain the title.

Fish and Chips

On ROPS
On ROPs

Yes very original.

Well you never being anywhere near a ring, cage ,weigh-inn or fight in your life would not know that another fighter can see and sense his opponent and the fear if any he gives off, take the stare down for instance. Fights are won and lost in the mind here.

As I said Henderson gave nothing away, Bisping however looked the more intense and focused.

You ask for an example well google it yourself, one that springs to mind from me however was Bruno Tyson 2 (yes I know boxing, but cage fighting is hardly different) at the weigh in and on the walk to the ring, Bruno looked like he was heading for the electric chair. He lost that fight long before he entered a ring.

The_Duke

LE
Yes very original.

Well you never being anywhere near a ring, cage ,weigh-inn or fight in your life would not know that another fighter can see and sense his opponent and the fear if any he gives off, take the stare down for instance. Fights are won and lost in the mind here.

As I said Henderson gave nothing away, Bisping however looked the more intense and focused.

You ask for an example well google it yourself, one that springs to mind from me however was Bruno Tyson 2 (yes I know boxing, but cage fighting is hardly different) at the weigh in and on the walk to the ring, Bruno looked like he was heading for the electric chair. He lost that fight long before he entered a ring.
Cheers Spider - I bet you could give both of them a good run for their money though, eh?

D

Deleted 129455

One springs to mind immediately- Tate vs Nunes.

Before the fight started I thought Micha Tate was going to destroy Nunes but as soon as they were in the octagon and about to 'get it on' Tate looked exhausted and not up for. Especially if you compare that to her appearance before the Holly Holm fight.

Hendo is a warrior through and through, Bisping is also nails but I think he won the title through Luke Rockholds lack of humility as much as his ability as a fighter.

Its gonna be a right scrap. I can't wait.

Ritch

LE
Yes very original.

You're not Spider? Oh sorry, my mistake. You just post exactly like him and think you know everything about combat sport, just like he did.

And for your information, yes - I have been in a ring and fought before. I did muay Thai for several years and fought four times before I had to give up. Give your head a wobble, Spider.

Ritch

LE
One springs to mind immediately- Tate vs Nunes.

Before the fight started I thought Micha Tate was going to destroy Nunes but as soon as they were in the octagon and about to 'get it on' Tate looked exhausted and not up for. Especially if you compare that to her appearance before the Holly Holm fight.

Hendo is a warrior through and through, Bisping is also nails but I think he won the title through Luke Rockholds lack of humility as much as his ability as a fighter.

Its gonna be a right scrap. I can't wait.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant in the pre-fight build up and weigh-in.

I know when Travis Browne fought Fabricio Werdum, Browne looked very apprehensive in the Octogon.

You're definitely right about Rockhold's lack of humility. He treated that fight like he had already won and I cheered like hell when he got floored. Bisping definitely deserves the title though. The amount of work he has put in over the years has been phenomenal.

I don't think Hendo will get KO'd but Bisping will win the war by unanimous decision.

Ritch

LE
What a main card.

The Bisping bout was fantastic. Hendo put up a good fight but Bisping deserved the win and make history with the most wins in the UFC.

It was also good to see Struve win and to see Vitor Belfort lose. I can't stand that man.

Resurrecting an older UFC thread. How about that Jack Marshman? I think he's got a lot of potential and was fairly impressive in his UFC debut.

Latest Threads