UFC 117 - Amazing card, who watched it?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by REMFQuestions, Aug 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Main card

Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Junior dos Santos
    Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida
    Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
    Catchweight bout (171.5 Ibs): Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
    Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chael Sonnen

The Hughes result was outstanding - what power! Who would have thought that Nelson could take so much punishment? And Sonnen...what a finish.

2. Well done Hughes; I have to admit I thought he was past it.

Superb TC by Spider. You won't believe how many people are crying all over Sherdog, calling Silva's win a fluke, lucky etc. Sonnen fought well but lost. Fcuking get over it.

Big Country showed a big heart. Dos Santos looked very dangerous, but I don't think he hits any harder than Carwin. The next big fight is of course Cain vs Lesnor. Should be a classic. I'm calling Lesnor; I think he will manage to take Cain down and simply GnP or Sub. him.

3. I have been a massive Anderson Silva fan since long before he was in the UFC, yes he won the fight by a cracking triangle but he got well and truely battered and there needs to be a rematch arranged as soon as Sonnen's cut is healed.

There is a few more "big" fights before Lesnar/Valasquez, but heres hoping Valasquez becomes the new Heavyweight champ.

4. ufc have the perfect oppertunity here, the way i see it they can pan it out like this

mir vs nogueira - the loser fights nelson, the winner fights the loser of brock vs cain, the winner of brock vs cain fights JDS, and the loser of that fight gets carwin, the winner gets whoever isnt dead by that point, it made sense in my head...honest

5. I stayed up and watched it live for the first time ever, glad I did! Loved Stefan Struve's win, what a comeback!

6. Im really looking forward to Bj vs Edgar 2 and Florian vs Maynard!! both gonna be amazing fights.

SL1987

7. Captain America does it again - first round Submission by Arm Triangle for Randy Courture over James Toney!

Randy is 47 and still fighting and winning. A fantastic athlete.

8. Yes, true. But to be honest, I think I could have taken down Toney and put him in some half-assed submission.