Udders in public

L

lumpy2

Currently engaged in a bit of a barny on Faecebook regarding the young lady who was censured for breast feeding in Claridges.

Some say it's OK if it's discreet, but why should any new mother need to do this anyway? (Except maybe in an emergency when she has to go out and take baby with her). I'm pretty sure my parents' generation organised themselves so this situation didn't arise.

Seems to me it's more about "my rights to get them out in public" rather than any thought of what's best for the baby, who would probably prefer to feed in a calm home environment.

They're getting them out all over the last few pages of the Nigel Farage thread, lumpy2!

Oops, have I fallen foul of the Search Function Stasi??

Not really - they've just bolted it onto the Nigel Farage Love/Hate thread! No udders in the heading!

Fuckin hell man what are you playing at - you'll have Mumsnet crawling all over us. They have it sewn up tighter than GCHQ with their listening devices and moles. The key words were "breastfeeding" and "my rights"........... Its all over!

I personally feel that any slattern that gets her puppies out in public should receive a good shoeing.......

Not really - they've just bolted it onto the Nigel Farage Love/Hate thread! No udders in the heading!
Quite right too. Our Nige is a useful tit after all. Discussions about useless tits would be tagged on a labour party thread.

Fuckin hell man what are you playing at - you'll have Mumsnet crawling all over us. They have it sewn up tighter than GCHQ with their listening devices and moles. The key words were breastfeeding and my rights........... Its all over!

We'd have got away with it, hidden away in the thread about Nigel!

L

lumpy2

I notice Our Nige refers to " a woman breastfeeding whenever she wants to".

Am I the only one to spot the slight loss of grip on reality here?

I'd rather see a breast with a baby on the end of it than some siliconed slapper in a filthy Murdoch rag.

My eldest daughter has breast fed my first grandson, and I think it's a beautiful sight, the little feller, snuffling with pleasure.

Damn sight more attractive than the likes of the Page 3 girls.........

A woman breastfeeding a child, probably the most natural thing in the world.
If the kid needs a feed, who cares, feed the bugger. (as long as they arent over the age of 18 that is)

Some say it's OK if it's discreet, but why should any new mother need to do this anyway? (Except maybe in an emergency when she has to go out and take baby with her). I'm pretty sure my parents' generation organised themselves so this situation didn't arise.

Seems to me it's more about "my rights to get them out in public" rather than any thought of what's best for the baby, who would probably prefer to feed in a calm home environment.

Why do you want someone to hide something which isn't dirty, doesn't spread disease and which has existed literally for as long as the human race has been on this planet?

L

lumpy2

It's nice to see some enlightened gentlemen on here, I appreciate your arguments, but aren't we missing the point? The reason public breastfeeding was frowned upon in past decades was nothing to do with a prissy aversion to breasts, but more to do with organising one's life around the baby, with regular routines.

As said above, emergencies happen but I don't think taking a very young baby to a posh restaurant constitutes an emergency.

(It's probably just a political stunt anyway)

A woman breastfeeding a child, probably the most natural thing in the world.
If the kid needs a feed, who cares, feed the bugger. (as long as they arent over the age of 18 that is)
Taking a shit is also exceedingly natural but you probably wouldn't appreciate me dropping my keks and crapping next to your table in Claridges.

I'd rather see a breast with a baby on the end of it than some siliconed slapper in a filthy Murdoch rag.

My eldest daughter has breast fed my first grandson, and I think it's a beautiful sight, the little feller, snuffling with pleasure.

Damn sight more attractive than the likes of the Page 3 girls.........

You make my skin crawl.

Latest Threads