Uckers Rules

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by vortexringpiece, Dec 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just need some clarification, about how to remove an opponents blob. My understanding is/was that the only way to remove a blob is by 'sixing ' it off, but I recently read somewhere that you can also remove them with an equivalent blob by throwing a double and advancing it onto the blocking blob, thereby ucking it off the way a single piece would uck off.

I tried playing using this rule and it seems to devalue the blob making it hardly worth the effort.

What does the assemblage of uck-icians think?
  2. A blob can only be 'ucked off' by sixing, unless you have a mixie blob then you are truly 'ucked' yourself
  3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Just by sixing, all other means are the words of a sorcerer and shouldn't be allowed to enter the world of Uckers.

I assume he isn't a six throwing bastard
  4. "There are no rules", as I used to say to the greenies whilst flipping the board upside-down to get them the hell out of the crew room and back to work at the end of NAFFI break!!
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Taking a blob with a blob? What kind of disgusting pongo bastardisation of the rules is this?

You sicken me.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

My cousins (submariners) played a version where you could 'uck' a blob with a double.The Naval minority at the site where I am today do not have that rule. Maybe it's an 'under the water, on top of the water' local rule?
  7. Porridge_gun

Steady there sailor, thats not a pongo rule, its the work of evil.
  8. Ravers

Men have been killed at sea for lesser infringements of the rules.

I once had an engraved brass uckers board commissioned for the mess, a young stoker mate of mine offered to make it for a few tinnies. It took him most of a deployment to make and was a thing of beauty, a true masterpiece of workmanship, with enamelled squares and highly polished pieces.

Unfortunately the stupid **** built it with only 5 instead of 6 places down each leg with only 4 spaces in the tube.

It was shit and we ended up launching it over the side.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Porridge_gun

He should have been wrapped in razor wire and made to follow it to the bottom of the ocean.
  10. Ravers

I actually felt quite sorry for him, he was nearly in tears.

It was that moment of realisation that you have really fucked up through no one's fault but your own and that the past few months have been a complete waste of time.

We still gave him a crate of Fosters that was well past it's sell by date.
  11. I do beleive that BR 1000 (or was it BR 4000)has the "official" Uckers rules contained therein.
  12. Burn the witch!!!!
  13. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

Confirming with the cousins, they claim you can 'uck' a blob with doubles, but you have to throw the number of doubles that are in the blob. So if it's two high, you need two doubles, three high, three doubles, etc.

But as I said, they ARE submariners (retd)....
  14. "Blob takes blob" is but one of many variations, in much the same way as poker has a variety of different versions. Other possibilities include "suckbacks" "blowbacks" "sideswipes" and sixing from a distance rather than being up the chuff, and the rules should be agreed upon before starting.