Ucas Panic Stations?? Help

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by RW101, Aug 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey just read a horrible rumour on another forum that suggest that the 180 ucas points must be achieved in the 2 years after school.... surely this cant be correct.

I am 23 years old and heading to College to get my 180 ucas points... however its a lot more than 2 years since i left school.

Please tell me that this is absolute tripe and the 180 ucas points can be acheived at any time before you begin the application?

2. Best option to get the concrete answer is to phone the AFCO.

3. Technically college is school. I would read into this rumour as being for example 'someone aged 25 who didn't get 180 points first time round re-doing A Levels to get into the Army'. I think they just want you to get them first/second time within reason rather than the people who leave it forever to resit -- or on third try aged 25. But then it could just be rumour. Even though many leave 'school' aged 16 to attend college, it is counted as school until you move onto further education. A levels still fall under 'school' as many stay at school for sixth form etc.