Uberti Cattleman

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Lipo, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Attached Files:

2. Its a piece of Italian Poo. That is not a personal attack on you but the truth. Why buy one of these when the Colt Single Action Army is widley available though not so much in the UK now. I owned three of these original Colts in different barrel lengths and one Early black powder model in 44/40 with a Winchester Yellow Boy in the same calibre. Undoubtedly very fine pieces and refered to by myself as a Sleepmaker as opposed to a Peacemaker. I did own an Uberti Cattleman same thing in 44/40 piece of dodo.... Anyway Dunblain incident consigned nearly my collection to a melting pot. Though the IWM had some of them.
    May be this is morre usefull now..

Attached Files:

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yee hah!

Very Brokeback Mountain.
  4. Is that not a film about Shirtlifters dont see the connection somehow.
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was referring to the fact that the gun looks like something a homosexual cowboy would carry around. Even it's name hints toward it.
  6. I see your point about getting an original Colt Single Action Army. But, they are significantly more expensive (Colts are approximately double the price of Uberti). In any case, the Uberti single action replicas are (in my opinion) very well made, faithful reproductions of the original design. I love fondling mine. It shoots like a dream. I really love the nickel finish and the wood grips.
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It still looks like something that would be carried round by a themed tour guide in Universal Studios; or the Milky Bar Kid for that matter.
  8. It was once suggested that Colt didn't actually make the SAA any more and that they just bought in Uberti's 'in the white' and finished them. Notwithstanding a Colt SAA with case hardened frame and blue would be high on my list of wants (if I lived anywhere but the UK) but I would go for the Ruger Vaquero if I was going to do a lot of shooting.
  9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Uberti the Spaghetti Western Colt
  10. It's actually nickel plated. There is a stainless version but its not nearly as shiny.
  11. Perhaps I should have purchased the blued version. Even so, I'm particularly happy with my purchase.
  12. Thats the "Smokeless Framed" version, correct?
    I used to have 2

Colt SAA 7-1/2"bbl Martially marked .45LC
    Colt SAA 4-3/4"bbl Nickled & Engraved with Ivory grips .45LC sold them to a collector in 1990

Had a Colt Lightning DA in .38LC gave it to the Brother in Law

your nickel finish will tone down given time and handling, watch leaving it in a rig
  13. I had to look up "Smokeless Frame" and do some research in order to answer your question properly. I'd not heard the term before.

Clearing the Smoke | True West Magazine - Preserving the American West

The box it came in says its a Uberti Cattleman NM with nickel finish, 5 1/2" barrel in .45 Colt

I believe NM means "New Model" which signified that the model used a spring loaded cross-pin to hold the cylinder base pin in place.

Mine has the spring loaded cross pin. The answer would be yes, its a smokeless frame.