Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uber - Tell us. How was it for You?

My last Uber the driver was telling me he was very pleased to be only 2 weeks in Glasgow and already driving a taxi! He was quite talkative after telling me he was Kurdish and I said all I know about Kurds is Saladin was a Kurdish leader. He was delighted that I knew Saladin wasn't an Arab.

I have been using Uber since 2012 across the world and haven't had a single bad experience. They have been a life saver plenty of times in London and elsewhere when you're stuck in the middle of nowhere or drunk or the public transport has stopped or while moving places and you needed a cheap-ish transport.

My last Uber the driver was telling me he was very pleased to be only 2 weeks in Glasgow and already driving a taxi! He was quite talkative after telling me he was Kurdish and I said all I know about Kurds is Saladin was a Kurdish leader. He was delighted that I knew Saladin wasn't an Arab.

I thought Saladin was an armoured car

My local cab company is waz it seems to have off the shelf Uber like software but just normal payments.

Ring the number and it has a “Right now to home address press 1” function and has a choice of my normal destinations to choose.

Always spot on money spot on time with text updates etc

Ex missus swore by Uber in London. But she was never bothered about price and expected a tenner as a base line starting price for any ride. Goldman Sachs money bags. I preferred the night buses