UAVs love them or hate them?

#1
Blue_Sophist seems to think I like UAV's so lets start a discussion. Your views on UAV's and what you think air force/ army pilots should do with them.
 
#2
Vaughany said:
Blue_Sophist seems to think I like UAV's so lets start a discussion. Your views on UAV's and what you think air force/ army pilots should do with them.
Call their trade unions because at the rate UAVs are being developed, most of the pilots will be out of a job in the next ten years.
 
#3
Devil_Dog said:
Vaughany said:
Blue_Sophist seems to think I like UAV's so lets start a discussion. Your views on UAV's and what you think air force/ army pilots should do with them.
Call their trade unions because at the rate UAVs are being developed, most of the pilots will be out of a job in the next ten years.
And the Defence White paper of 1957 said 'SCRAP TSR2 cos all we'll ever need is guided missiles'
There is a place in the air inventory for uav's
i'd rather waste one of those on battlefield loiter than a multimillion aircraft and crew.
Plus it keeps the RA on the battlefield (ish)
 
#4
good idea as they are cheaper on cash and lives and at the end of the day they sit in the hanger waiting for the next op, not going into bars saying "I'm a pilot, look at me, don't you think im amazing"
 
#5
How the fcuk can you love or hate a UAV???

Vaughany my innocent young cadet guest, I can see you are keen and its apparent you are eager to join in, we will all encourage that.... However... If you start another bone thread like this one ten of us will turn up at your abode, skin you and use your innards for our own sexual gratification.

Clear?
 
#7
Quite clear. But stay away from my pancreas

PS. Porridge Gun. It may be a bone question but I'm interested and want other, more proffesional opinions so skinning is quite pointless.
 
#8
Vaughany said:
PS. Porridge Gun. It may be a bone question but I'm interested and want other, more proffesional opinions so skinning is quite pointless.
Ok, thats fine then.... but if you want a professional opinion try wording it differently to 'Love them or hate them'

If you are looking for professionals, I suggest you steer clear of the Army Air Corps forum, those still serving sport dodgy taches and wear crimpolene suites, those that don't serve are the same with longer hair.
 
#16
Darthspud said:
rather lose one or two of them a month than a trained pilot or 2 a month
You've not met some of our pilots then have you :D

If Flash got shot down there would be a Morse message sent to whitehall... just like the one the Jerry's sent when Douglas Bader got bagged.

The Jerry's sent 'Safe air passage for one aircraft to drop off a leg'

The Iraqi's would send 'Free passage, for fcuks sake come and get the breath monster'

:D :D
 
#18
On a more serious note.............Does anyone have any info on the ratio of losses.........UAV's lost compared to piloted aircraft, especially in Eyerack. These figures might indicate the success or failure of UAV's.
Can a UAV evade a SAM? Can a UAV engage another aircraft in a "dog fight".
 
#20
[quote="CONNEACH"
Can a UAV evade a SAM? Can a UAV engage another aircraft in a "dog fight".[/quote]

Dont they have a tiny heat signature?

R
 

Latest Threads