UAVs love them or hate them?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Vaughany, Dec 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blue_Sophist seems to think I like UAV's so lets start a discussion. Your views on UAV's and what you think air force/ army pilots should do with them.
  2. Call their trade unions because at the rate UAVs are being developed, most of the pilots will be out of a job in the next ten years.
  3. And the Defence White paper of 1957 said 'SCRAP TSR2 cos all we'll ever need is guided missiles'
    There is a place in the air inventory for uav's
    i'd rather waste one of those on battlefield loiter than a multimillion aircraft and crew.
    Plus it keeps the RA on the battlefield (ish)
  4. good idea as they are cheaper on cash and lives and at the end of the day they sit in the hanger waiting for the next op, not going into bars saying "I'm a pilot, look at me, don't you think im amazing"
  5. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

How the fcuk can you love or hate a UAV???

Vaughany my innocent young cadet guest, I can see you are keen and its apparent you are eager to join in, we will all encourage that.... However... If you start another bone thread like this one ten of us will turn up at your abode, skin you and use your innards for our own sexual gratification.

6. Did you take the bitter pill today? :p
  7. Quite clear. But stay away from my pancreas

PS. Porridge Gun. It may be a bone question but I'm interested and want other, more proffesional opinions so skinning is quite pointless.
  8. Porridge_gun

Ok, thats fine then.... but if you want a professional opinion try wording it differently to 'Love them or hate them'

If you are looking for professionals, I suggest you steer clear of the Army Air Corps forum, those still serving sport dodgy taches and wear crimpolene suites, those that don't serve are the same with longer hair.
  9. I'm young and from Swindon. How clever do you think I am. It's not within my brain capacity.
  10. Porridge_gun

I don't at all, I am politley trying to tell you to engage brain before posting
  11. Duely noted.
  12. And there lies your problem!!! :D :wink:
  13. I love UAV's I used to hate them but have changed my mind. :)
  14. I know and for those that are familliar with Swindon, I went to Dorcan aswell so I appologise now. :lol:
  15. Worked with em in EYRAK
    rather lose one or two of them a month than a trained pilot or 2 a month