UAE Sheikh involved in sadistic torture - helped by police

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by frenchperson, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is not pleasant viewing:

ABC News Report

The scenes they can't show include a cattle prod inserted up the arrse and switched on.

There was also a cover up by the Bush regime.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Headline: Bad stuff happens in other country, most couldn't care less. Bush involved somewhere!

Whats the point you're making frenchy, because this is old news....

3. Abu Dhabi Royals...... do not fcuk them on a business deal....

Worrying thing is this is old news and nothing was, or I doubt will be done to punish him. This will be ignored here despite the video doing the rounds around shocked new expats (they seem to think they still live in the West and can piss it up and act like vulgar scum, whoa sorry about that)

Most cops here are very decent and perhaps the best I have ever came across anywhere in the world. Very much old school and always understanding, great blokes, cant speak for cops in Abu Dhabi though

4. Oh. Nothing remarkable here. Old news.

But in the real world, the video's just been broadcast - after 4 years of threats, strongly corroborating that it did happen after all , as described. Plus, it was, after all, covered up by our main ally because they (as well as us) are in the pockets of oil sheikhs. The Sheikh's brother is head of the police. The Sheikh's other brother is the crown prince of Abu Dhabi. A half brother is the owner of Manchester City.

Apart from this, nothing, so move along in an orderly fashion....

Yes, Vonshot, I see what you mean about UAE police. The cop knows his place, is very gracious and takes only a supportive role, while the Sheikh adminsters the punishment, in full accordance with government 'rules and procedures'.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

But whats your point, or do you just want to be outraged? What are you doing about it, or are you just whinging on arrse and thats it?

6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I knew a fat guy in the RSIGS whose wife used to tie him up and do that to him, (and him to her allegedly) - maybe not quite as roughly, with the benefit of lube and perhaps with a lower voltage...... some on here would probably pay good money for the privilege too.

7. Ohh get out of the common room and see some of the world

His actions are disgusting that is in no doubt and it does not show the Emirates in a good light whatsoever. The cop is Abu Dhabi Police but feel free to comment on things you know absolutely nothing about.

You are without doubt typical of ignorant westerners who cant see past the the end of your spotty nose. Covered up by the US and trotting out (see what I did there) the usual Oil argument? Christ were there no demos to go on today?

Should we have democracy like we do in the UK? Look what that has got you

Muppet

8. I suggest you prise yourself out of that backward regime. I think you've been 'in the sun' for just a little too long. You sound a little overdone to me.

Lots of wider issues on 'torture' are being played out currently, here in the 21st century. You may not have noticed, or received limited information and missed the relevance of this - I'll grant you that. I don't know to what extent your paymasters have buttoned down your ability to access what goes on here in the future, but your response indicates I'd be wasting my time in updating you.

I'd recommend democracy. Or at least democracy-lite like what we're stuck with. Any improvement on the hell-hole you live in would be welcome, timely and constitute massive progress for those stuck in a self-inflicted time warp (with attendant lackey foreigners fawning at their heels).

I assume a sheikh meting out torture on video, and driving over somebody in a landrover in order to watch it later for his own twisted pleasure is de riguer in your neck of the woods. Sorry, I forgot, you think it's disgusting - then do something about it. Complain to the police! Oh, I forgot. You can't can you? Your hands are tied, so to speak.

No I don't know the difference between UAE and Abu Dhabi police. Let me know for the future so my case doesn't fall to the ground completely on such an important and crucial point. :roll:

I don't hurl abuse, and won't this time. Besides, it's an indication that the argument is lost before it's even begun!

9. The scenes they can't show include a cattle prod inserted up the arrse and switched on.

There was also a cover up by the Bush regime.But in the real world, the video's just been broadcast - after 4 years of threats, strongly corroborating that it did happen after all , as described. Plus, it was, after all, covered up by our main ally because they (as well as us) are in the pockets of oil sheikhs. The Sheikh's brother is head of the police. The Sheikh's other brother is the crown prince of Abu Dhabi. A half brother is the owner of Manchester City
    ================================
    mike
    ===========================
    .http://www.tempingjobslondon.com rel="dofollow"] temping jobs [/url]

10. Oh shoit! I've done it again. I said LANDROVER, when it was obviously not a landrover, and probably a merc. My argument is destroyed.... go on.... now feel free to pick it apart

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

But what is your argument, all I can see is a whinging girl?

12. I suspect that frenchperson's intention in drawing attention to this story is to suggest that this couldn't happen if the UAE were a 'Peoples' Republic' or an 'Islamic Republic'.

Yes, roll on the 'democratic revolution' in the Gulf States, eh? That way, evryone from Kuwait to Oman can know what it is like to enjoy 'democratic freedoms'...like in Iran.