U18s to be excused prison in Scotland

I was born in the same hospital as Lulu. But a little later.

Well actually a lot later, but I had one of my earliest crushes on her from when I saw her singing the man who sold the world.
I hadn't even got to big school when she replaced Valerie Singleton.

She did refine herself a good bit in later decades...but she always smacked of a wee Glescae burd wi a moosh like a burst couch to me...

Bottom line is....... She is a squillionaire and I am not!

Looks like the English are pursuing the daft belief that most 16-17 year old young offenders can be rehabilitated with a therapeutic nurture based approach (hint, you can't).

Still charging less/ year than the Scottish counterparts (~£350k/ annum) though.

Looking forward to the eventual stories of management suppressing innumerable incidents of their youth workers getting bludgeoned/ slashed/ stabbed etc.

Last edited:

Under 18s will no longer be sent to young offenders institutions

This is not another attempt to fuel the flog em and hang em outrage bus, but to take a hard look at our political elite and question their fitness for purpose and relevance to society at large. This proposal suggests that they have never met a teenage delinquent in the flesh on their home turf, and have certainly never been inside the drug raddled buildings that they identify as home.

Who on earth do they imagine is going to provide this love and support? The single parent mum who had a very similar upbringing or the dad they haven't seen since he went down for a stretch in the big house? The architects of this proposal just reek of the soft middle class sixth form common room. It seems to be a reworking of Cameron's "hug a hoodie" initiative, just as ill informed, but more dangerous.

Note that Queen Nicola has signed the covers with pledges of support "I will keep the promise".

View attachment 652015

I hear Rwanda has space

I am increasingly becoming a supporter of independence for Scotland.......
............with i hope eventually a robust customs control, policed by armed border patrol officers, as in the american mexico border. Also a no mans land, about 100 yards deep with motion controlled machine guns, mines,, and large hairy land sharks. Jockistan, you wanted independence, you've got it, big time. ditto Taffystan :threaten:

............with i hope eventually a robust customs control, policed by armed border patrol officers, as in the american mexico border. Also a no mans land, about 100 yards deep with motion controlled machine guns, mines,, and large hairy land sharks. Jockistan, you wanted independence, you've got it, big time. ditto Taffystan :threaten:

Yeah, because that's worked so well at stopping the Cartels shipping their drugs into America. :rolleyes:

I say offer anyone claiming benefits £500 cash no questions asked to get sterilised.
Most will take it and we'll save a fortune.

I think you might have to sweeten the deal somewhat, as for some people having kids is their shortcut to the top of the list for council housing.

I reckon priority for council housing and a benefits top up equal to child benefit will have them forming a line outside the sterilisation clinic.

Under 18s will no longer be sent to young offenders institutions

This is not another attempt to fuel the flog em and hang em outrage bus, but to take a hard look at our political elite and question their fitness for purpose and relevance to society at large. This proposal suggests that they have never met a teenage delinquent in the flesh on their home turf, and have certainly never been inside the drug raddled buildings that they identify as home.

Who on earth do they imagine is going to provide this love and support? The single parent mum who had a very similar upbringing or the dad they haven't seen since he went down for a stretch in the big house? The architects of this proposal just reek of the soft middle class sixth form common room. It seems to be a reworking of Cameron's "hug a hoodie" initiative, just as ill informed, but more dangerous.

Note that Queen Nicola has signed the covers with pledges of support "I will keep the promise".

View attachment 652015
The Left, the best friends that crime and societal degradation have.

Expect a crime wave and more under 18s to be coerced into crime by the over 18s, now.

The only thing the jocks will try and smuggle into England will be Haggis, and deep fried mars bars!
I had no idea there was a big market for such things in England. From reading arrse posts, I was under the impression that everyone in England eats only fresh food that they have prepared themselves, or have had their staff prepare, to at least Michelin 3 star standard.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Has anyone suggested that making them live in Scotland without having been convicted of anything is pretty cruel to begin with?

I had no idea there was a big market for such things in England. From reading arrse posts, I was under the impression that everyone in England eats only fresh food that they have prepared themselves, or have had their staff prepare, to at least Michelin 3 star standard.
There are going to be more Scots outside of Scotland than living there, most salivating at the thought of a meaty haggis supper.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
You may be right. Perhaps they should all be shipped to England.

Apparently "Foreigners" are only welcome if they arrive illegally, besides there are only so many that Lilly Allen can house at one time.

There are going to be more Scots outside of Scotland than living there, most salivating at the thought of a meaty haggis supper.
If that turns out to be the case, I’m sure they can improvise. As far as I am aware, and I lived in England for 5 years (as a civvy single man), the ingredients for haggis are readily available in England.
A decent haddock supper, on the other hand….

Latest Threads