U.S. warns everybody to avoid hotels in Nigeria

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably sound advice at the best of times, but one part of the report made me take note

In an unusually specific warning on Sunday, US diplomats have advised their staff to avoid luxury hotels in Abuja. The embassy said the attack may come as Nigeria celebrates the Muslim holiday Eid al-Adha. Experts say the militant Islamist group Boko Haram, which claimed responsibility for Friday’s violence and threatened more attacks, is working with al Qaeda which could push Nigeria into a Somalia-style civil war.
I had no idea that crusty old rock bands from the sixties had taken up the fight against the kufir by bringing whiter shades of pale to West Africa.

US warns of attacks on luxury Nigerian hotels after 150 killed - Telegraph

So I can still stay in 2* hotels in Nigeria?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Purple Harum you tit. Bit of a one hit wonder but they could fill a dance floor in Lagos.

[video=youtube;POv-3yIPSWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc[/video]

Prequel Farnham idiot, a jolly little band to sing along to.

[video=youtube;AITb3a67XUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AITb3a67XUI[/video]

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm a member of the RAS, and the sooner West Africa forms a West African Federation the better for them, because Nigeria is a potential tinderbox, never mind the tensions between Islam and Christianity which obviously exist there are far far far more fundamental problems that will lead to major wars in the not too distant future with a potential for spread across the whole region as the cause is attempted to be addressed at a stage which is too late. This problem can be summed up in a conjoined word which has deep micro and macro geopolitical implications specific to the region but also more widely; bio-capacity.

Now I've done the concerned anthropologist bit, and accepting that there are many Nigerians that I do have time for, the sooner they get on with it the better as there are tons of Nigerians that get right up my fucking nose.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Prequel Farnham idiot, a jolly little band to sing along to.
Lightweight. Premenstrual Haribo. Big in Japan.

[video=youtube;I9MZNEXrElw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9MZNEXrElw[/video]

Purple Harum, didn't they do "A Whiter Shade Of Pale"?

G

goatrutar

It's because all the hotels have been turned into call centers trying to get your banking details.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm a member of the RAS, and the sooner West Africa forms a West African Federation the better for them, because Nigeria is a potential tinderbox, never mind the tensions between Islam and Christianity which obviously exist there are far far far more fundamental problems that will lead to major wars in the not too distant future with a potential for spread across the whole region as the cause is attempted to be addressed at a stage which is too late. This problem can be summed up in a conjoined word which has deep micro and macro geopolitical implications specific to the region but also more widely; bio-capacity.

Now I've done the concerned anthropologist bit, and accepting that there are many Nigerians that I do have time for, the sooner they get on with it the better as there are tons of Nigerians that get right up my fucking nose.
The fuck has all that got to do with classic cover versions of Procol Harems greatest hits?

Ultravox cover the Procol Harem hit 'Vienna' in the intro to the OSCAR award winning movie "Panzerknacker - my life and times"

[video=youtube;WBUFgJlrCDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBUFgJlrCDc[/video]

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Why would anyone go to Nigeria ?
Because you can buy little more than bog roll for currency, the bar girls are the most adhesive type of nightmare you could dread and the big oil companies will pay you a decent chunk to tell them that the lack of fence is a bit of a risk.

Also, if MEND kicks off, you get to see some great candidates for other threads on here.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
And if it all kicks off it'll be yet another wave of scroungers heading for our overcrowded island.

Experts say the militant Islamist Boko Haram....

Now I knew a Boko Fittleworth but not this chap. Has he gone native?

Isn't better advice just to avoid Nigeria altogether? Not that it's going to stop me, I'm meeting a nice chap from a bank there who's going to give me USD27 million! :thumright:

(And you're all wrong - a Boko Haram is a seraglio full of clown women).