U.S. warns everybody to avoid hotels in Nigeria

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Command_doh, Nov 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Probably sound advice at the best of times, but one part of the report made me take note

I had no idea that crusty old rock bands from the sixties had taken up the fight against the kufir by bringing whiter shades of pale to West Africa.

US warns of attacks on luxury Nigerian hotels after 150 killed - Telegraph

• Like Like x 2
  2. So I can still stay in 2* hotels in Nigeria?

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Purple Harum you tit. Bit of a one hit wonder but they could fill a dance floor in Lagos.

4. Prequel Farnham idiot, a jolly little band to sing along to.

5. Half the AGC going home on leave?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm a member of the RAS, and the sooner West Africa forms a West African Federation the better for them, because Nigeria is a potential tinderbox, never mind the tensions between Islam and Christianity which obviously exist there are far far far more fundamental problems that will lead to major wars in the not too distant future with a potential for spread across the whole region as the cause is attempted to be addressed at a stage which is too late. This problem can be summed up in a conjoined word which has deep micro and macro geopolitical implications specific to the region but also more widely; bio-capacity.

Now I've done the concerned anthropologist bit, and accepting that there are many Nigerians that I do have time for, the sooner they get on with it the better as there are tons of Nigerians that get right up my fucking nose.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheIronDuke

Lightweight. Premenstrual Haribo. Big in Japan.

8. Purple Harum, didn't they do "A Whiter Shade Of Pale"?

9. It's because all the hotels have been turned into call centers trying to get your banking details.

10. TheIronDuke

The fuck has all that got to do with classic cover versions of Procol Harems greatest hits?

Ultravox cover the Procol Harem hit 'Vienna' in the intro to the OSCAR award winning movie "Panzerknacker - my life and times"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Nothing but it does have something to do with...

and

i.e. regional war.

12. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Because you can buy little more than bog roll for currency, the bar girls are the most adhesive type of nightmare you could dread and the big oil companies will pay you a decent chunk to tell them that the lack of fence is a bit of a risk.

Also, if MEND kicks off, you get to see some great candidates for other threads on here.

13. Procul Harum you idiots!

• Like Like x 1
  14. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

And if it all kicks off it'll be yet another wave of scroungers heading for our overcrowded island.

15. Rather yours than ours.

• Like Like x 1