U. S. to halve troop number in Afghanistan.

D

Deleted 158059

Finally turning the corner? Also giving Putin another opportunity to advertise his international negotiating and 'peacemaking' skills.

'The United States on Friday, April 26 found backing from rivals Russia and China on the key formula of a peace deal it is negotiating in Afghanistan – withdrawing troops in return for Taliban pledges not to welcome foreign extremists.

“The three sides call for an orderly and responsible withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan as part of the overall peace process,” the statement issued by the U.S. State Department said.

They also said that the Taliban has made a “commitment” to fight Islamic State and to “cut ties with Al-Qaeda, ETIM [East Turkestan Islamic Movement], and other international terrorist groups.”

US, Russia and China agree on Afghanistan foreign troop withdrawal
Will the Taliban eventually pile in and take over the country again including Kabul as foreign troops pull out?

The GWOT has been ongoing since 2001 and slowly expanding.

In order to stop the message you have to kill the messengers and everybody they know.

If you want to prevent radicalization, then you have to erase an entire religion.

Which will not happen.

Drone Strikes and SOF are the name of the game.
Concur 100%.

Unfortunately erasing an outdated, radical, cruel, and backward religion that proclaims its ultimate aim is world domination, is not considered as Politically Correct behaviour in this day and age.

This coupled with the fact that sadly, it also seems basic common sense seems to have departed in this day and age.

D

Deleted 24582

Unfortunately erasing an outdated, radical, cruel, and backward religion that proclaims its ultimate aim is world domination, is not considered as Politically Correct behaviour in this day and age.

This coupled with the fact that sadly, it also seems basic common sense seems to have departed in this day and age.
The most successful military commander in that AO was Alexander the Great. If you acted up your entire village would go under the sword. Deffo not PC.

But let’s be completely honest. Nobody wants to nation build for 100 plus years. The options suck. If the best we can do is make sure, they remain a tribal society and focus on killing each other then Westerners so be it. All factions in that country are shit, we just have to pick the one that smells the least.

But I am just a pragmatic asshole.

Give them Starbucks, Global Warming and Trump to bitch at. They will forget about the place in a matter of months.
On this side of the Pond they already do that, especially the last two.

The SS did that in WWII, once in France and once in Czechoslovakia.
I suspect you're not giving them nearly enough 'credit' for similar actions in Ukraine and Russia, and probably in the Balkans too.

I suspect you're not giving them nearly enough 'credit' for similar actions in Ukraine and Russia, and probably in the Balkans too.
I was thinking of those actions that drew the most press coverage at the time. I'm sure that they continued their urban modification programmes elsewhere, maybe not so well documented.

WoC1066

Clanker
Edit: Oh, woe is me! A 'dislike' from 'a 17 year old college student living in England. I am currently studying for an International Baccalaureate, because my current school doesn't offer A levels. I have only 4 GCSEs, but am projected to score very high in my IBs.' Yeah, good luck with that, using your vast experience and mature judgement.
Hey man that was pretty uncalled for.

D

Deleted 24582

On this side of the Pond they already do that, especially the last two.
Well just throw in Bush and Americans to further distract the masses. Maybe Game of Thrones and World Cup for added safety.

Hey man that was pretty uncalled for.
No sonny, handing out negative ratings with no explanation, when you'd been a member of the site for less than a week, was pretty uncalled for. And your military experience of Afghanistan is... ?

WoC1066

Clanker
No sonny, handing out negative ratings with no explanation, when you'd been a member of the site for less than a week, was pretty uncalled for. And your military experience of Afghanistan is... ?
1. I reserve the right to dislike a post that I disagree with. It's not an attack on your character, it's a meaningless button that you press when you see something you don't agree with.
2. I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have been a member since December 2018.
3. Yeah, I don't have any experience in Afghanistan. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express my opinion on a post by a more qualified person with a dislike.

1. I reserve the right to dislike a post that I disagree with. It's not an attack on your character, it's a meaningless button that you press when you see something you don't agree with.
2. I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have been a member since December 2018.
3. Yeah, I don't have any experience in Afghanistan. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to express my opinion on a post by a more qualified person with a dislike.
It does however mean that people who look at you, your activity, and experience can make a judgement call on your ability to make a reasoned button choice...and have.

For one apparently so well educated, you're not very good at this, are your?

1. If you believe 'it's a meaningless button', why bother using it?
2. The post which you used the meaningless button on was put up on 21 Dec 18, and you joined on 17 Dec 18, so your action occurred within a week of your joining.
3. If you do have an opinion on something that differs from another poster, make you opinion known in order to debate it, rather than simply pushing meaningless buttons because you have a zero-experience, emotional response. Argument and negotiation is what the grown-up world is about.

So, a bit of remedial: what did you dislike about my comment 'Seems it's all about making money to MAGA!', as the rest of the post was all text from the quotes article?

Last edited:

WoC1066

Clanker
For one apparently so well educated, you're not very good at this, are your?

1. If you believe 'it's a meaningless button', why bother using it?
2. The post which you used the meaningless button on was put up on 21 Dec 18, and you joined on 17 Dec 18, so your action occurred within a week of your joining.
3. If you do have an opinion on something that differs from another poster, make you opinion known in order to debate it, rather than simply pushing meaningless buttons because you have a zero-experience, emotional response. Argument and negotiation is what the grown-up world is about.

So, a bit of remedial: what did you dislike about my comment 'Seems it's all about making money to MAGA!', as the rest of the post was all text from the quotes article?
1. I don't know. Why does it matter?
2. Alright fair enough, I don't even remember disliking the post, I just remember clicking on this thread yesterday and seeing that there was a personal attack directed at me.
3. Why do you feel so entitled to a debate? Why are you reacting so badly to a 17 year old you've never met disliking a post you made on an Internet forum? Do you respond to all negativity in your life by kicking up a fuss about it?

I don't know if you're going to respond to this post, but if you do, I'm not going to respond. This entire encounter has been a waste of time and it's clear neither of us are going to gain anything from it.

Latest Threads