U.S. Support for Israel on the Rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Sep 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/09/us_support_for_israel_on_the_r.html

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'd be very interested in the parameters of the UK survey, thought I have a feeling their data will be quite hard to find....falsifiable, reproduceable?
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

LOL, now that hilarious (tho' admittedly it could be my own stupidity). When I read the article I thought it meant that the US attitude was 3rd in the world, whereas Britain had the highest view of Israel. Actually it means that the US likes Britain the best. I think I liked my initial interpretation more, with the image of American academics taking a random sample in Golder's Green :twisted: ....Real Clear Politics...hehehe

And just what does this post 'prove'?

1. It highlights again the continuing ignorance in the US of world affairs and their general gullability to believe anything if it's repeated enough times.

2. The manner in which this 'gullability' is exploited is perfectly demonstrated: a blog named 'Real Clear Politics' promptly faithfully reproduces a text of meaninless drivel with no point other than to continue the 'brainwashing' process. What's 'real' and what's 'clear' in this??

3. GOP clones such as neo-com feel obliged to spread (preach) this meaningless drivel to an even greater audiance.

5. Who was second? Germany? :twisted:

(Though, I suspect it was Canada)

Edited to add: So England comes second, but what about Wales, Scotland and NI? Or is this another testimony to American geography?
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I read the thread title with some incredulity - did it ever go away ?

> Which country outside Israel has the largest number of Jewish people in its population - 7 Million at the last count ?

> Which country provides $3 billion a YEAR in aid to Israel ?
    Compare and contrast aid to Lebanon

President George W Bush has announced that the US is to boost its aid package to Lebanon to $230m (£121m).

> Which country has used its Security Council veto to defeat 35 UN Resolutions critical of Israel ?

It's a ' Dog bites Man ' headline....you might as well say

" Breaking News at this hour.....Sun will rise this morning, scientists predict." :roll:

Lee Shaver
  7. You don't know much about American web sites such as Real Clear Politics or much in general I suspect.

Mainly what Real Clear Politics does is reprint articles from other sources, as you can see Peter Brown works for the Polling company. So don't attack the web site or me, if you feel the need to attack something attack the Poll
    Nehustan sourced it, but I can see you are happy in your little BBC world ,so by all means stay there.
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

BTW, although Iran taking top position as 'The Country Americans Love To Hate ' came as absolutely no surprise - its called holding a grudge - I wonder how many of the survey's respondents caught this?

This, on the other hand, is called 'Self interest ' - which is how the rest of the grown-up world operates its foreign policy......

Lee Shaver
  9. About the same number of respondents that read ARRSE
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well in that case with a single post it just doubled (obviously accepting a margin of error for duplicate subscribers) :twisted:
  11. Indeed. I do tend to avoid such websites for the very reason you admirably point out below:

If I'm interest in a text, I go to the source not the echo. This dovetails very nicely with my point 2 above...

Point 1 in my post above highlighted the fact that the poll was in itself utterly meaningless other than to emphasize the level of ignorance in the US (concerning world affairs). For example. Why didn't the poll question whether Lebanon was considered 'friend or foe'? Did their rating go up, or down? That answer, compared to the Israel result, would have given a far better indication as to the swing in US opinion. Not so? Nevertheless, it's happy to carp on about other states that are connected in YOUR MIND, but not in reality. Please explain precisely what the Palestinians, the Iranians and the Syrians have done in the past few months to make them now more of a enemy (foe) to the US than before? Nothing! Can you even provide any hard evidence these countries/nations were specifically behind the recent Hezbollah attacks on Israel - something that your own government has failed to do! Their 'rating' has fallen simply because they appear to be more threatening to Israel - not the US. So, what's more important to the US, the security of the US or the security of Israel?

Apart from Israel, the UK and Canada, everybody seems to becoming more of a 'foe' to the US. Don't you find that a bit scary? You should. Why? Because it's a direct result of the US's foreign policy (mis)adventures!

And why not criticise you? If you continue to print mindless and irrelevant drivel, you deserve to be criticised...