U.S. Navy frigate captures pirate mother ship

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ghost_us, Apr 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36131357/ns/world_news-africa/?gt1=43001

I guess those big gun turrets and torp launchers don't really mean much to a couple guys in a speed boat with an RPG?

Are they nuts or just stupid?
  2. [​IMG]

or this

no contest lol
  3. To be fair, it doesn't look particularly well-armed:

4. Perry class carry a 76mm and Phlanax as gun armament

Attached Files:

5. Wish RN would follow this example.
  6. The pathetic Labour government and the MoD has probably ordered the RN not to act robustly and hit these pirates where it hurts.
  7. Maybe they thought they were attacking an RN I-Pod carrier?

8. sniggers...
  9. Actually, the USN followed the RN example:

Royal Navy in firefight with Somali pirates
  10. www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3262418.html#3262418
    So original. Don't say I haven't given fair warning...

I don't need to look for them. I just collect 'em as we go along. :lol:
  11. Haha,

"think of the pirates...Human rights will give us agro if we kill or capture them"
  12. Joking apart, what exactly would be the human rights problem about dealing with the situation in the same way as did the USS Nicholas?
  13. Our nancy government says stupid shit to stop us getting involved and other bollocks, shame it didn't stop us getting involved with Americas war on terror :(
  14. Big, otherwise empty ocean, boat with a handful of pirates aboard, warship with a crew (all of whom have signed up to the Official Secrets Act) - what human rights?

Damn! MATT6! There's the problem. Anyone got a few spare "Page intentionally blank" as a stop-gap solution?