U.S. had emergency plan for attacking Israel in 1967

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by KGB_resident, Apr 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/851708.html

2. Didn't they also have a plan to attack Canada and the UK?

I think this has been covered before. Just about every developed military power has a plan to either attack or defend against attack from every other developed power.

Makes sense really.

3. Hmm. Didn't the Israelis attack a US warship in '67? Without repercussions as I recall!

4. USS Liberty 34 sailors died and there are still unanswered question such as why didn't the US retaliate.

5. USS Liberty was a signals intercept ship... the IAF fighters performed multiple strafing runs with cannon and rockets and the American flag was clearly visible. Carrier aircraft were launched but were ordered not to engage the IAF fighters leaving the area.

Total bull... it was not a case of mistaken identity and was struck on purpose as the IDF wanted to send a "message" concerning our intelligence gathering and we cowed for the sake of diplomacy.

Yeah... I have anger management issues when politicians and diplomats use our military personnel as pawns.

Far as war plans go... heck, I doubt there is no scenario... regardless of how fancifull, that hasn't been wargamed or given thought in the five sided wind tunnel (Pentagon.)

6. Sergey,

What is it with you and the jews? Why do you hate them so much? One sleep with your sister or something?

And why is so much of your toiling in disinformation based on cloudy details 40 years ago?

If you want to blame why Israel and the US are strong, blame Russia. Without them neither would have had a reason to become major military powers.

Think about that.

7. Shalom!

First of all dear Ghost I don't hate our Jewish friends at all, rather admire. I myself have apparently Jewish style of thinking - very rational if you understand what I mean. Unfortunately, I haven't any Jewish ancestrors but I would be happy to have.

All my so called 'anti-Jewish' or 'anti-Israel' posts really are jokes. Read them carefully - nothing insulting, nothing (God forbid) anti-Semitic. I waited for months when at least anybody would realise that I'm joking.

I wish USA and Israel to be friends and of course to be strong.

Returning to the theme of the thread, I doubt that it is a disinformation but it is possible of course. However the source is reliable.

PS. Just today I met with Israeli engineer here in my office (to discuss Israeli made equipment) and likely I will go to Israel soon (in this case I would post to ARRSE from Jerusalem).

8. Drop a line with your flight details, I am sure you will be made most welcome!! :eek: