U.S. Army to Drop Green Uniform, Return to Traditional Blue

I hope the Septic dress uniform includes the cavalry stetson, complete with arrow in it's crown!

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Blyth_spirit said:
June 15 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Army plans to eliminate the green uniform worn by its soldiers for more than 100 years
The article is a little way off as the Forest Green Class A uniform was introduced in 1957-ish. The previous version was in a dark brown with brown shoes. I think there's a thread already going on this in the Multi-national corner.

Wont they get confused with the USAF considering they use the same rank insignia?

Rather ironic considering blue was originally adopted by the USAF to distinguish it from the Army!

Maybe it's time to change the Brit SD. After all the coat was originally a field jacket, a derivative of a late 19th century shooting jacket, and khaki was camouflage! Blues wouldn't be bad, or Rifle Green, even field grey ( 19th century British Rifle Volunteers wore grey uniforms) or the original khaki - anything but the current abominable ginger suit!

Blyth_spirit said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=ak4fIl4tyI5U&refer=us

June 15 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Army plans to eliminate the green uniform worn by its soldiers for more than 100 years and switch back to traditional blue worn by those fighting the Revolutionary War.

So rather than reinventing 'No.2' dress (how aptly named) should we revert to the scarlet tunic?

I for one would welcome a return to scarlet, very British and smart. Do the froggies still wear a blue dress uniform?