U.S. Air Force has retired its first C-17

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CrashTestDummy, Apr 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this should be elsewhere ...

2. still in better nick the timmy the tristar.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The airframe is apparently time-expired and has received quite a bit of abuse in the test programme.

It was also not built to production standards.
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So theyll do a deal then?
    • Like Like x 3

5. Excellent - Get it to Marshalls for a cut and shut/respray job and it'll be good as new!

Might make an excellent tanker -none of that PFI Voyager crap

6. If Marshalls get their greasy mitts in that kite,it will come out of Cambridge in a far worse state than it already is.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

However consider the walt resale value plus it may be better off road!
  8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

When I watched that first post's video, I got a pop-up advert for FlyBE … do they know something we don't?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. FFS don't give FlyBe ideas; it won't be 'handbags' on the flight deck but mass brawls.
  10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Think what SleazyJet or RyanRobbing could do with it!
  11. Ryanair would love it. Take passengers to a DZ about nine miles outside the city you want to go to, and then get then to jump out. Charge, say, £100 for the parachute (obviously sold as an 'optional extra' to pretend that there's an element of customer choice' -although they'd have to watch it for any trips to near the Dignitas clinic), plus a £50 repacking fee and force the passenger to pay the postage for returning the chute to the packing centre, with a scalable list of administrative charges for late returns and using the postal system instead of the internet, etc, etc).

Any hand luggage (charged for, of course) gets slung out in a pallet over the DZ ahead of the passengers, and an admin fee is charged for providing two surly movers who will arrse about for several hours looking for the pallet, before returning the luggage, suitably damaged and/or looted, to the passengers. A four-tonner is then provided to convey the passengers to the city centre (flat fee of £30 applies, £40 if not pre-booked and travel chit not printed out on your home computer). Should pay for the airframe cost after three flights, and have Mr O'Leary laughing all the way to the bank.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I am assuming that as this was a test aircraft it wont be replaced in fleet (I thought they werent being made anymore).
  13. It looks in better nick than some of ours.