U.S 75th Ranger's

is that in boots with kit or
trainers
in boots I suppose thats quite good
in trainers its hardly elite stuff

Dont forget, they will be singing cadence as well!!!

It thier lovely grey t shirts with ARMY on the front, white socks pulled all the way up and a dodgy pair of Nike's on.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
It thier lovely grey t shirts with ARMY on the front, white socks pulled all the way up and a dodgy pair of Nike's on.

ooohhhh that reminds me I must take that copy of Heartbreak Ridge back to blockbusters

Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Dont forget, they will be singing cadence as well!!!

That shat singing/running lark....We had a coy attached to us some years back, I can think of better things to do @ half six in the morning

http://www.rangerrp.com/Army_Ranger_Recruiting.html
Rangers are put through punishing training that includes five-mile runs at six to seven minutes per mile, 15- to 30-mile marches with 90-pound rucksacks and at least one parachute jump each week. They practice urban warfare in mock villages.
http://afwweb.orcon.net.nz/usrangers.html
The Ranger Course is 61 days long with an average of 19.6 hours training each day, seven days a week. Realistic combat stresses are simulated constantly; lack of sleep, food and unexpected enemy contacts, and moving through arduous terrain under these conditions while trying to read a map and co-ordinate effectively a counter-attack or other battle drills. Physical endurance and combat skills are taught in the first phase to ensure that the candidate has the required skills to continue on into the next phase. Plenty of running, obstacle courses and swimming is to be had. In addition demolitions work, communications and tactical lessons must be learned thoroughly including airborne / air assault skills. This allows the qualified Ranger to work in an operational environment while undertaking reconnaissance and raid type missions.

Apparently, rangers lead the way. Hooaahh :roll: :roll:

B@llocks, met Rangers in Kosovo. What a bunch of over-hyped t@ssers, all muscle who can't run for shiit, no wonder they need heli support :roll:

brain-washed just about as much as the USMC......no wonder the US constantly feck things up if they call them 2 "special forces"

Brain washed? Maybe. But the grunts and Rangers get the job done when it's a straight up fight, and not a road side bomb set off by a bunch of chickensh*ts.

I belive gentlemen we have our first bite ':twisted:')

I met a couple of Rangers who were staying in our accommodation in Hong Kong when they were on exchange, special forces my arrse.

Our Bn worked with rangers on Ex-trumpet dance, Quite dense really. Couldn't run for toffie.

Filbert Fox said:
I met a couple of Rangers who were staying in our accommodation in Hong Kong when they were on exchange, special forces my arrse.
Where they abused by the QAs?? one who stayed with us when I was there was......on a daily basis :twisted:

We had a British kid in our unit in Germany. His parents had emigrated to the States, and he decided to join our Army. Wasn't a bad worker when he was sober, which was seldom. Finally got booted for drunkenness. A shame.

Hey, I sort of liked the kid myself. There's not a damn thing wrong with drinking, as long as you're able to get up next morning and do your job. Some can do it, some can't.

There's not a damn thing wrong with drinking, as long as you're able to get up next morning and do your job. Some can do it, some can't.
yeah sure... I know what you mean... Of course this kids problem is that he moved from Britain to the States... diluted any ability he had to hold his drink... not his fault - i blame the parents...

Tricam.

Some of them came to 216 sig sqn in the early 90's for a few days exchange.

As I remember, they all looked like WWF wrestlers and when asked to run around the steeplechase, could only manage a Hattie Jacques-esk amble.

I believe the med centre next door to 23 PFA ran out of inner-thigh-leg-chafing-cream that day.

There was one who called himself "Big Country" who had himself down as a serious hard man.

"Back home we got (insert noun here) ten times that size" etc etc.

Some of the blokes took them down town on the beer and got 'Big Country' on the Diamond White. He spent the night in Depot Para pokey after collapsing in the road outside the Queens, AT HALF PAST FCUKING NINE!!!!! :D :D :D :D

tricam said:
Of course this kids problem is that he moved from Britain to the States... diluted any ability he had to hold his drink... not his fault - i blame the parents...
I blame the watered down p1ss that they drink in the states.
Budweiser, Budwater more like.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 5
spaz REME 10
T Royal Air Force 57