U.K. to Launch New 'Super Submarine'

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Karl_uk, Dec 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Unlike Astute, Ambush will be fitted with stabilisers until the captain gets the hang of it.
  2. Bloody Mail.
    It a sister ship to Astute. Which has been launched (And parked!)

So it should say "Biggest Submarine apart from it's sister ship"

Bloody Mail!
  3. Unless she displaces more than her sister in which case the assertation stands.... not all ships are the same in a family.
  4. Do you know what they're doing with the Astute once they've patched her up? When is she going to be deployed on something more worthwhile than posing for the newspapers? :)

Fair point about it being a sister ship though... But it is the mail so exceptions must be made!
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Nice cutaway drawing (from MoD) - reminded me of the ones that used to appear in the Eagle comic in my far distant youth.

Ship's Company get a bunk each - such luxury.
  6. I thought they preferred to share.
  7. Or the Vanguard class, which is only twice as big...
  8. Is it sister ship or sister boat for a sub?

9. I'm surprised Dave and his team of twerps have not binned this boat and the others to follow as a 'jolly good savings measure'.

Watch this space.
  10. Except the ones in the Eagle were more detailed... :nod:
  11. How quaint measuring it's size and propeller noise in terms of Blue whales and baby dolphins. All together now...................AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

By the way I hope any future evil enemies don't inadvertantly go round sinking baby dolphins thinking they're our submarines!

Anyway get it launched and let's go and nuke somebody!
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The bits I noted were:

"having come in *massively over-budget and five years late,"
    "the £6.7 billion project is already £1.4 billion over budget,"

13. Given that she's not a Trident boat, I sincerely hope not...unless were are planning on a reactor meltdown?
  14. Unfortunately we expended a fair amount of ordnance on the Southern Atlantic sub-surface maritime wildlife during Corporate.