U.K Tax Payers To Bail Out Greece.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ALVIN, May 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's rather a lot of lazy spiks.
  2. Oh Joy. Lairbour's parting girt!
  3. Bit late matey: Labour "caved in" on that and many other things some time ago and we were all told there was no need for us to bother our little Europhobe heads about it:

"....Darling had no choice but to surrender to the demand because it was taken under the Lisbon Treaty exceptional occurrences clause that stripped Britain of its national veto."
  4. First victory for the Lisbon treaty. I don't suppose that Darling lost any sleep over pledging more of our money but I don't think that he had much choice.
  5. Typical the last time (24hrs) I saw him doing an interview he insisted that would'nt happen,

6. typical we need the money to sort Britain out before we even begin to think about helping out other countries its an utter disgrace that Britain has to pay. Say hello to more reccession people!! :x
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Anyone remember the Gnomes of Zurich and the way we were treated under a labour Govt last time? No well let me tell you, feck the whole rotten lot of them!
    They can all burn their banks and wave their red flags, they dont deserve what they have had let alone what they are about to get!
  8. Apparently we're going to be pitching in as well... ><

Have to admit it wouldn't bother me so much were we not in a financial crisis of our own and if an actual plan with some chance of functioning existed other than simply tossing money at quickly failing state. I dunno... when things really go pear shaped in Greece perhaps we could have Turkey occupy them and bring some stability...
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You will never guess who the biggest purchaser of Greek bonds last week was......
  10. We could have had another two carriers for that.....
    Nice of Darling to casually give away a tenth of the cost of Trident for nothing. Cnut.
    We have to borrow money to give to the fooking Greeks, thanks a fooking bundle.
  11. I am getting bored with saying "I told you so" to all the euro-lovers I meet.
  12. I assume that this is a reciprocal arrangement with the Euro-zone, and that they're going to provide UK/Sterling with about £100bn in recovery funding? Oh er, of course not; its all one-way contribution for us.....
  13. My bold: apologise for cliche jagman but labour Gubment giving more monies away, never. :x