Builds U-Boat type VIIC 1/350th scale PE kit by Jasmine models

Daz

LE

ches

LE
Bugger on that news. I think I saw a post about this on an FB group I'm in. Soon as I saw it I wondered if it was your build.

Revell 1/350 German Type VII C/41 U-Boat or one of the other variants should fit the bill....the 1/44 scale divers on the other hand might be a tad on the large side to work :)
Could you put some small lights or lighting effects in to simulate torches being held by 6mm diver stand-ins?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Could you put some small lights or lighting effects in to simulate torches being held by 6mm diver stand-ins?
giphy.gif

Cracking idea though.
These are the smallest divers I can find @SPROCKET321 but that small you could probably scratch build them and get away with it.

wierd, Ive just purchased a LED light set, I was going to use it on a German WW2 S boat I'm planning next, they might be blacked out under attack conditions but the red green lights and the Helm might have lights on as they come home. Might be a bit of a stretch to reality, probably best to save them for my next A/C carrier build. the Divers idea is a good one, the divers leftover from Calypso are 1/144 and the U boat, as Daz points out is 1/350, Der! Bit of a Biden moment.

Daz

LE
???? FFS sake, I that scale I can just about find the gun barrels for the 20mm, torches are right out

Last edited:

Daz

LE
Hey, I’m the ideas guy…
Not helpful ones when you're working on sub 1mm items.... the barrels are about .2mm in diameter ........now, about that working torch ;)

Not helpful ones when you're working on sub 1mm items.... the barrels are about .2mm in diameter ........now, about that working torch ;)
I was’t thinking it needed to be to scale, just a small light source to suggest a diver.
You could make it into a ROV.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
I was’t thinking it needed to be to scale, just a small light source to suggest a diver.
You could make it into a ROV.
Hang on, you're talking to rivet counters here :)

box art.jpg

on the subject of my first led lite model, how about this, bit of a stretch for Jaws, but night fishing, with lamps shining into the water. lights on in the cabin, port starboard lights on.... something orrible under the surface...

Daz

LE
View attachment 621574
on the subject of my first led lite model, how about this, bit of a stretch for Jaws, but night fishing, with lamps shining into the water. lights on in the cabin, port starboard lights on.... something orrible under the surface...
Si's old bones as bait??

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
for it to work, the monster, not Si's op leftovers, the monster will have to be subtle, partly hidden in the murky depths, not a giant squid, somat with teeth.
Not. . .

Donny Osmond!

I'd go with a shark, easy to source and judging by Megalodon pretty damn big
43968359-9663731-image-a-10_1623156554707.jpg

bite-diameter-Megalodon-sharks.jpg

Not. . .

Donny Osmond!

I'd go with a shark, easy to source and judging by Megalodon pretty damn big
43968359-9663731-image-a-10_1623156554707.jpg

bite-diameter-Megalodon-sharks.jpg
is that Laura Kuennesburg about to be swallowed whole?, nice idea on the shark jaws at the stern of the boat, someone churning chum saying I think we need a bigger model boat kit.

is that Laura Kuennesburg about to be swallowed whole?, nice idea on the shark jaws at the stern of the boat, someone churning chum saying I think we need a bigger model boat kit.
Laura Küntsburg being swallowed…..
You can only but hope!!!

Bigger boat….. bloody Aircraft Carrier!!

Last edited:

Daz

LE
@Ian
for it to work, the monster, not Si's op leftovers, the monster will have to be subtle, partly hidden in the murky depths, not a giant squid, somat with teeth.
Well, he is in his pit as we speak .....just bung him a set of falseies and your good to go

Latest Threads