Tyson:Undisputed truth

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
I started reading this around a week ago,it is one of the best books i've ever read it reads like a novel in that there is every type of emotion its funny and very sad in places,most people are aware of his background ie young street boy who meets a "Rocky" type trainer in Cus d Amato who then trains him to become the most feared and intimidating heavyweight perhaps EVER.

But this book covers everything in graphic detail and his upbringing is no differant ,he stopped going to school at around seven after a bully smashed his glasses,his mother who was a respectable woman lost her job and with it the roof over their heads [he had one brother and sister,no father],they then moved into what can only be described as hell,his mother then becomes very street wise.I had no idea he was such a serious criminal,he says that he often opened fire out of his mothers house windows at people ,that he burgled houses violently and likewise mugged people.

Then by the age of eleven he found himself in reform school,it was a twist of fate that he met the man that knew Cus d Amato,cus can be descibed as vissionary and philosopher,he told Tyson he'd be champ before he'd even had a amateur fight,he also told him he'd be rich and a legend.

Often when word spread of Tysons ferocious nature fighters began not turning up or their parents simply pulled them out,that left him at fourteen fifteen fighting grown men and sometimes these failed to show up!,sadly both cus and tyson met at the wrong time he was in his seventies,unfortunatly cus progammed him to be a fighting and frankly killing machine but died before he could "unprogamme him" [to me it seems cus pulled the pin from a hand grenade and threw it to someone else]..Tyson says that subconciously they both knew time was running out.As we know he died before Tyson won the title.

oddly Tyson comes across as very unintelligent when you witness his neanderthal violence , but this is FAR from the case,he is highly intelligent and is not only a history buff but it seems he has read verociously people like Tolstoy and Orwell.The problem is he is very imature and is very insecure,in fact imo he is borderline mad.

Hence the truly unbelievable spriral into drugs, women and Prison...the book goes into good detail about his time in jail,and basically him and his friends had a very comfortable time through various racketts he was also having regular sex with a female teacher ,she would simply announce over the prison tannoy for him to come for extra lessons ,often three times a day..he says he was looking forward to entering the prison system to prove he was as crazy as the inmates,he truly has zero fear.

BUT as good as the book is i'm not convinced by him as to his likeabilty or honesty,he goes into the details of the fights he losses and always seems to have an excuse ie drugs, not training,injury ect,...and its hard not to believe his "conviction" wasn't correct,he had no respect for women at all [..or people regardless of age,he speaks about kicking don king in the head repeatedly,once so hard someone saw powder fly off his hair...] and even his one time friend an ex boxer told the court this,..you can only imagine him as a two hundred and thirty pound man versus a woman of perhaps hundred pound

in fact if you read the book you'll be amazed it was only one conviction for the offence considering the amount of women he had and sometimes the type,the book is so honest but imho the honesty only goes up to a point,its hardly suprising don king ripped him off [if he did] and its hardly suprising he was convicted of rape after the way he treats women,the woman that he is now with he seems to have forgotten her whilst SHE was imprisoned expecting his child,[she was jailed for trivial offences and it seems he is lucky he found her she might have saved his life] and its hardly suprising he ends up constantly being arrested or sued when he punches people in the face for saying hello.

Having read it i wont be at all suprised if we wake up one morning and find out on the news he's dead,Saying this however it is a brilliant book and absolutely hillarious in places, a crazy crazy life,highly recommended

Last edited:
Tyson is a convicted rapist. There is nothing in the world that would persuade me to read his biography or find anything to admire about his life.

Don't forget there are such people as editors and ghost writers. Often people ask me to write for them because I have a way with words and believe me I can make anyone sound intelligent.

Tyson is a convicted rapist. There is nothing in the world that would persuade me to read his biography or find anything to admire about his life.

Don't forget there are such people as editors and ghost writers. Often people ask me to write for them because I have a way with words and believe me I can make anyone sound intelligent.
You certainly do that with all the other ARRSErs.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaharoflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl......... Etc

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

I bet they don't.

I was just going to make a couple of p-taking posts but, on second thought, I feel I'm inclined to take a bit more time over a reply.

You allude to having a psychology-based background yet you are totally judgemental in almost everything you pronounce upon on ARRSE, you also seek to castigate others for using 'amateur psychology' but don't seem above using it yourself.

I don't condone Tyson and I certainly don't see him as a role model for anyone, his actions show him for what he is and that is not pretty. However his book maybe gives an insight into how he became the animal he is. In learning about him we may be able to learn more about what shapes us all and what makes us what we are. What choices he had and what choices he made, right or wrong.

The broken product you see before you doesn't have to be all about self-destruction it can also be about conditioning and poor choices. No-one is asking you to admire his life or the man himself for that matter. You cannot sit in judgement of somebody until you have fully appraised them, their motivation and where they come from, both figuratively and literally.

You once accused me of somehow being 'turned' by others. I'm not, I treat every post on its own merit, I pay more attention to what is being said than to who actually says it. However, if you make pompous and self-aggrandising posts, I'll take the mick, much as people have done with me where I have become pompous. We've all had facepalm moments and when you commit one you just have to accept the fact you've been pulled up. I'll always reply in a civil manner to a civil post but sometimes I think you just set yourself up for it. You would certainly make a good straight man as some of the lines you feed us are delivered juicily deadpan and just cry out for a put down or pisstake.

Don't you find it fascinating, getting an insight into the criminal mind?

Try it with yourself then, a sign of intelligence would be stopping yourself interjecting into so many threads with nonsense about you, you, you.

This is a book review and one that's served its purpose well by making me for one, consider buying the book.

Ignoring the biographies and life stories of bad people would leave one's bookshelf as dull and biased as your internet presence.

Oh look, my little band of groupies have turned up on cue.

Book reviews are about an opinion of whether a book is worth reading. I'm of an opinion that some books are not worth wasting time on. If I reviewed a book and thought it wasn't worth it I would say so.

Lets say for arguments sake the reviewer here had not recommended Tyson's book and I had said yes it was worth it, the same group of crazies would have turned up to criticise me.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Wow... That's some high opinion that you have of yourself there sweet cheeks.
Groupies? No. That would signify that you have a fan base. Whereas most people here just sigh and shake their heads at your posts!

Book reviews are about an opinion of whether a book is worth reading. I'm of an opinion that some books are not worth wasting time on. If I reviewed a book and thought it wasn't worth it I would say so.

Lets say for arguments sake the reviewer here had not recommended Tyson's book and I had said yes it was worth it, the same group of crazies would have turned up to criticise me.
Your dismissing the review because you dont want to read a book about a rapist. You said it yourself. Nothing about it not being a reasonable or insightful read. Without reading a review or the book itself how do you know its worth reading?

You get criticized for beinbg a fucking idiot and I rather think the ghsot writing you do is probably childrens homework

Your dismissing the review because you dont want to read a book about a rapist. You said it yourself. Nothing about it not being a reasonable or insightful read. Without reading a review or the book itself how do you know its worth reading?

You get criticized for beinbg a fucking idiot and I rather think the ghsot writing you do is probably childrens homework
Actually, it was an excellent review but I don't think he needs me to tell him that. This is not about the reviewer but, for me, the moral issue around book. I don't want to contribute to Tyson's bank account either by buying his book or even borrowing it from the library because every time a book is borrowed money goes to the author. I make no apologies for my views about Tyson. In this case I'm looking at a book review from a totally different angel. But that's a personal view and some people around here are over reacting as usual.

Actually, it was an excellent review but I don't think he needs me to tell him that. This is not about the reviewer but, for me, the moral issue around book. I don't want to contribute to Tyson's bank account either by buying his book or even borrowing it from the library because every time a book is borrowed money goes to the author. I make no apologies for my views about Tyson. In this case I'm looking at a book review from a totally different angel. But that's a personal view and some people around here are over reacting as usual.
I take it that you don't do proof reading as part of your ghost writing job then?

Latest Threads