Typing test for Sandhurts

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by c.patton, Oct 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've been reliably informed that the Army are planning on introducing some kind of ICT basic skills tests across the board. As far as I know Sandhurst is semi trailing this and that Potential OCdts now need to be able to type to a standard of around 25wpm. Its a very recent thing, only a few weeks old.

Cheers for any help

2. No idea, but presumably spelling Sandhurst correctly will score extra points :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Well the amount of drill on the curriculum is allegedly down to the Household division, looks like the AGC have put their 4p worth in.

4. Sand hurts?

Don't shag on the beach, is my best advice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. As usual the collective wit of arrse astounds me. Can anyone actually provide any constructive points relative to the topic?

6. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

You are new here, aren't you?

7. what gave it away, aside from my post count!

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

None at all, but you can't spell trialling correctly, either (or it's). Glad to have helped.

9. The test will probably be a simple one..... ie. passing hand written copy to the clerk for them to format as per JSP101 and type it out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Because it was a bone question.

11. Typing Test.JPG

= FAIL.

Any other questions? Right. March him out, sergeant major.

Frowning Grey Cat with text.jpg

12. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

It would open up a whole new area of bone recruitment posts:

"I've got my War and Peace typing time down to 11 days and 3 hours. I should scrape a pass."

"If you want to be a leader of soldiers, scraping through is not the way to go. 8 days maximum for War and Peace you idle cnut."

"Don't call me a cnut you w@nker, I just came here for some advice so f*ck off."

"£%*&"

*$@! to you too."

"MODS to the hole with this!"

etc etc, for pages and pages.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sand does hurt. When you get to sandhurt.. You'll be bummed dry while a senior officer pours sand down your arse.

To the hole.

14. May I, on behalf of the Arrse Massive, wish you well in your chosen career.

underacheiver-200x200.jpg

15. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

When do we get paid this month?