Typing replies

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Sometimes, but not always, I have to slow down my typing to snail speed because the Reply box can't keep up. Don't have this problem anywhere else. Why, please?

Sometimes, but not always, I have to slow down my typing to snail speed because the Reply box can't keep up. Don't have this problem anywhere else. Why, please?

I too have experienced this phenomenon.

Being trained to touch type at speeds in excess of 40wpm, I just type away, oblivious to the whole thing until the end.

Then I wait a bit, before I can review my post.

I've been known to make changes whilst typing, which can be funny to watch as the text catches up. Watching the text expand across the screen, retract, and then the sentence engorges once more.

Probably maxed out on memory on your PC - your av could be scanning, intermittent interwebz - load of things could contribute.

I too have experienced this phenomenon.

Being trained to touch type at speeds in excess of 40wpm, I just type away, oblivious to the whole thing until the end.

Then I wait a bit, before I can review my post.

I've been known to make changes whilst typing, which can be funny to watch as the text catches up. Watching the text expand across the screen, retract, and then the sentence engorges once more.

Changing the keyboard settings from FOS to QWERTY might help.

Good CO

Admin

I would think this is a PC issue as suggested by Graculus. If you have an elderly machine and/or lots of other things are tying up your system resources (processor or memory intensive), then all sorts of things will slow down and start queuing up for some love.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
See if you can clear your browser cache. (I say this because Chrome on my tablet does not have the facility to clear the cache. The tablet has a stonking battery, so that although it goes to standby, it is never off - I recently noted that it had been up 1050 hours - and I sometimes hear email arrive while it's on standby. If the response gets slow, I boot the tablet. In however many months I have booted about three times.

Happens here too. I find it seems to also depend on which adverts have been loaded as some have shockingly intense active scripts.

Sometimes it's better to open up a notepad session, type the text in there, then cut and paste it into the browser.

Latest Threads