Typing Error on Army Jobs website...

#1
Just found this on the Army Jobs website (being the sad git I am):


''The standard of food in the Army is high, with an emphasis on healthy eating. You get three meals a day from a varied, well-balanced menu. You will be given a choice and the Army caters for the biggest of appetites. Halal, kosher and vegetarian foods can be provided, though strict preparation of kosher food can't be guaranteed. You pay for your meals on the "pay as you dine" system but the costs are as low as the quality and nutritional value is high.''

Link here

Finally, they are admitting the truth, LoL...
 
#2
just a comma in the right place, the difference between blatant lies and the truth (Liabour discovered this a long time ago)
 

stet

War Hero
#3
lol briliant
 
#4
Makes me laugh.....first sentance 'The standard of food in the Army is high' followed by statement ' the costs are as low as the quality'

On the bus, off the bus
 
#7
5205Bradders said:
Just found this on the Army Jobs website (being the sad git I am):


''The standard of food in the Army is high, with an emphasis on healthy eating. You get three meals a day from a varied, well-balanced menu. You will be given a choice and the Army caters for the biggest of appetites. Halal, kosher and vegetarian foods can be provided, though strict preparation of kosher food can't be guaranteed. You pay for your meals on the "pay as you dine" system but the costs are as low as the quality and nutritional value is high.''

Link here

Finally, they are admitting the truth, LoL...
I often wondered about this in relatio to compo, "sorry boss but I can't eat this because it isn't halal". What goes on today?
:?
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#8
though strict preparation of kosher food can't be guaranteed
Too fcuking right. "Listen geezer, we get your food from some back-street factory where the cost is the paramount factor, as you will note from the cheese; foot-sourced-eating-for-the-use-of, now stop whining and get back to your dixies!"
 
#9
Eats Shoots And Leaves

Eats, Shoots And Leaves
 
#10
It's not a typing error. It's absolutely correct.
 
#11
[quote="Wonk_Mog]I often wondered about this in relatio to compo, "sorry boss but I can't eat this because it isn't halal". What goes on today?
:?[/quote]

They get halal complient compo - what else?
 
#12
Bonzo_Dog said:
It's not a typing error. It's absolutely correct.
I'm glad I'm not on my own. Although the food may be rubbish the statement is grammatically correct. Compo was always pretty good until the introduction of the one man packs.
 
#13
Wonk_Mog said:
5205Bradders said:
Just found this on the Army Jobs website (being the sad git I am):


''The standard of food in the Army is high, with an emphasis on healthy eating. You get three meals a day from a varied, well-balanced menu. You will be given a choice and the Army caters for the biggest of appetites. Halal, kosher and vegetarian foods can be provided, though strict preparation of kosher food can't be guaranteed. You pay for your meals on the "pay as you dine" system but the costs are as low as the quality and nutritional value is high.''

Link here

Finally, they are admitting the truth, LoL...
I often wondered about this in relatio to compo, "sorry boss but I can't eat this because it isn't halal". What goes on today?
:?
I've been told in the past that all meat in rat packs is halal/kosher, either for ease of issue and/or it's easier to preserve.
 
#17
Counter-Bluffer-Ops said:
Bonzo_Dog said:
It's not a typing error. It's absolutely correct.
Sorry, but it isn't. Two nouns are present so they must take the plural, and not the singular, form of the verb. Substitute 'are' for 'is' and it will be correct.
Sorry, but I should have turned my scarcasm mode on. Gramatically, you are correct but I was referring to the amazing candour of the author.
 
#18
Bonzo_Dog said:
Counter-Bluffer-Ops said:
Bonzo_Dog said:
It's not a typing error. It's absolutely correct.
Sorry, but it isn't. Two nouns are present so they must take the plural, and not the singular, form of the verb. Substitute 'are' for 'is' and it will be correct.
Sorry, but I should have turned my scarcasm mode on. Gramatically, you are correct but I was referring to the amazing candour of the author.
BD,

...and I should have turned my pedant mode off.

CBO
 

Similar threads


New Posts

Latest Threads

Top