Typing Error on Army Jobs website...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 5205Bradders, Jan 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this on the Army Jobs website (being the sad git I am):

''The standard of food in the Army is high, with an emphasis on healthy eating. You get three meals a day from a varied, well-balanced menu. You will be given a choice and the Army caters for the biggest of appetites. Halal, kosher and vegetarian foods can be provided, though strict preparation of kosher food can't be guaranteed. You pay for your meals on the "pay as you dine" system but the costs are as low as the quality and nutritional value is high.''

Link here

Finally, they are admitting the truth, LoL...

2. just a comma in the right place, the difference between blatant lies and the truth (Liabour discovered this a long time ago)

3. lol briliant

4. Makes me laugh.....first sentance 'The standard of food in the Army is high' followed by statement ' the costs are as low as the quality'

On the bus, off the bus

5. Ha! Good pickup! Another hit against the "save as you starve," system.

6. Cheers, Im quite an anorak when Ive got a laptop and comfy chair in the crewroom, LoL

7. I often wondered about this in relatio to compo, "sorry boss but I can't eat this because it isn't halal". What goes on today?
    :?

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Too fcuking right. "Listen geezer, we get your food from some back-street factory where the cost is the paramount factor, as you will note from the cheese; foot-sourced-eating-for-the-use-of, now stop whining and get back to your dixies!"

9. Eats Shoots And Leaves

Eats, Shoots And Leaves

10. It's not a typing error. It's absolutely correct.

11. [quote="Wonk_Mog]I often wondered about this in relatio to compo, "sorry boss but I can't eat this because it isn't halal". What goes on today?
    :?[/quote]

They get halal complient compo - what else?

12. I'm glad I'm not on my own. Although the food may be rubbish the statement is grammatically correct. Compo was always pretty good until the introduction of the one man packs.

13. I've been told in the past that all meat in rat packs is halal/kosher, either for ease of issue and/or it's easier to preserve.

14. Sorry, but it isn't. Two nouns are present so they must take the plural, and not the singular, form of the verb. Substitute 'are' for 'is' and it will be correct.

15. Theres many a spelling mistake on the 4 para website, but I suppose that's expected :p