Typically how long from applying do you begin basic training?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ScouserSte, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I understand this can vary greatly but can someone explain the basic application process from applying to beginning basic training? Say I apply in October of this year, get accepted and pass all the tests etc - Will I have to wait for months before I actually get started?

Also, as a general rule are there "always" vacancies in some part of the Army?

Cheers

2. I am keen to see replies to this too!

3. I applied in October last year and I start training in November. I suppose on average it probably takes between 1 year and 18 months for most people, thats from the day you apply to the day you start training. For some people it takes less time, for some more. But alot of it depends on you, if you do well in your interviews, pre selection and ADSC. Also it depends what job you want to go for in the Army, for some jobs you could be waiting for a year after passing ADSC. You get some good advice on here, and there are recruiters and training staff who go on these forums aswell but your best bet is to visit your AFCO asap, speak to a recruiter and then you can get the ball rolling.

4. Depends on stuff

5. This is something that concerns me but doesnt put me off trying my best to get into the Army ASAP. Do you need your local doctor to do a medical??

6. I applied last sept had to wait til feb to start my app again because of whiplash and start 26th of sept

7. Been waiting Since sick leave to get back in yeah , So around 18 months .

But my Application so far is 10 months , But If everything goes well might get in for this year.

8. If you search this has been answered many times..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.