Typical cost for a session of physiotherapy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Contrarian, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had an ankle problem for the past few months. Hopefully physiotherapy will provide a solution.

What is the typical cost for a session with a physiotherapist? Are there any accreditations or qualifications that I should be looking for in a physio?

2. If you are registered with a GP you can get referred to Physio for treatment through the surgery & it's paid for through the practice fundholding....unless you want to go 'private'.
  3. I'm looking to go private. I've managed to track one down who does NHS work at two practices and is a Chartered physiotherapist. I don't know what he charges yet, though. Cheers.
  4. Probably between £30-£40 for a half hour session, they will want to see you for longer on the first appointment,
    I had very good treatment on the NHS at my local hospital, it just takes a while to get referred from your GP.
  5. I needed physio because of a trapped nerve (C4/C5 spine) & was referred to a private practice for treatment + it was paid through the surgery.
  6. Thanks fellas.