Typhoons down.

Blogg

LE
Didn't they have a slight problem last year in that out of a reported inventory of 39 only 4 were fully functional?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hope they're okay, but...

I can't get this out of my head.

"Anybody vant to buy a Eurofighter? Zen buy an acre of Germany und vait. "*

* Courtesy Bob Calvert, Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters.

Both jets from Fliegerhorst Laage, near Rostock. Unit TLwG-73.

* Edited to add,

Those familiar with RAF Lincolnshire (MM's home ground of Coningsby and Waddington) may have seen EF2000s ( the word Typhoon is taboo in today's Luftwaffe) from this unit on the annual Cobra Warrior exercise held over the last few years.

Another exercise of this nature is scheduled for this coming September flying from Waddington, with the Israelis and Italians, as well as the Luftwaffe from this unit again.

Time will tell what effect today's tragic collision will have on this exercise.

Last edited:
Hope they're okay, but...

I can't get this out of my head.

"Anybody vant to buy a Eurofighter? Zen buy an acre of Germany und vait. "*

* Courtesy Bob Calvert, Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters.
In 15 years this is the first loss of any Lufrwaffe Tiffs.

One collided with a Lear Jet (the Tiff was serial number 30+91), but this jet then recovered to Nörvenich, but this jet was not repaired.

Last edited:
I hope all are well.

Odd that the Beeb describe them as being from the 'German Armed Forces', that will be the Luftwaffe then- or does that leave them feeling uneasy?

I'm sorry to say not good news with regard to the second pilot.

This from a German site and translated into English by Google,

16:16: According to a report of the "Northern Messenger", the second pilot died in the crash. Also "n-tv" reported. The police confirmed that body parts were found near the crash site. Whether this is the second pilot can not yet be confirmed.

May this pilot Rest In Peace.

I hope all are well.

Odd that the Beeb describe them as being from the 'German Armed Forces', that will be the Luftwaffe then- or does that leave them feeling uneasy?
Likely to be someone who is not familiar with the Bundeswehr or aviation. It happens all the time in the media.

Just checked the Luftwaffe twitter account:

3 Eurofighters were up, 2 collided, the pilot of the 3rd arcraft observed two parachutes. Drueck die daumen fuer euch jung's.

Team_Luftwaffe (@Team_Luftwaffe) on Twitter

Both jets from Fliegerhorst Laage, near Rostock. Unit TLwG-73.

* Edited to add,

Those familiar with RAF Lincolnshire (MM's home ground of Coningsby and Waddington) may have seen EF2000s ( the word Typhoon is taboo in today's Luftwaffe) from this unit on the annual Cobra Warrior exercise held over the last few years.

Another exercise of this nature is scheduled for this coming September flying from Waddington, with the Israelis and Italians, as well as the Luftwaffe from this unit again.

Time will tell what effect today's tragic collision will have on this exercise.
Why is the word Typhoon verboten?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Why is the word Typhoon verboten?
It reminds the Boxheads who won the war.

I wonder if the Luftwaffe are using the G variant. G for Germany. G for Gott strafe England.