Typhoon pilot clocks up 1,000 flying hours over Libya

Ministry of Defence said:
A dawn patrol mission over Libya as part of NATO's commitment to protect the civilian population recently saw an RAF Typhoon pilot rack up his 1,000th flying hour on the aircraft.

More...

Not sure what to make of that... fair play to the pilot like, but i'm kinda thinking soldiers clock up 1000 hours front line duty in 42 days but don't seem to get anywhere near the same kudos...

What a hero.

This is another very cleverly worded of headline propoganda from the RAF. There is no way any of their pilots have clocked up 1000 hours over Libya. What it means is that a pilot has clocked up a career total of 1000 hours. This happy event would have coincided with a sortie he was flying over Libya. I doubt if any of the airframes have completed 1000 hours yet.

Not sure what to make of that... fair play to the pilot like, but i'm kinda thinking soldiers clock up 1000 hours front line duty in 42 days but don't seem to get anywhere near the same kudos...
Doesn't cost quite as much per hour either.
1000 hours in a Typhoon, how many million does that stack upto........

This is another very cleverly worded of headline propoganda from the RAF. There is no way any of their pilots have clocked up 1000 hours over Libya.
So which bit says he's clocked up a 1000hrs over Libya? He clocked his 1000th hour on type whilst on operations in Libya as stated in the article.
As usual it turns into a bash the RAF for anything thread even if the facts need to be twisted but hey never let the truth get in the way of a good bashing. For the record i hate the crab C#*ts but its better to bash them with facts then they have no come back, Instead of just making us look stupid.

So which bit says he's clocked up a 1000hrs over Libya? He clocked his 1000th hour on type whilst on operations in Libya as stated in the article.
As usual it turns into a bash the RAF for anything thread even if the facts need to be twisted but hey never let the truth get in the way of a good bashing. For the record i hate the crab C#*ts but its better to bash them with facts then they have no come back, Instead of just making us look stupid.
Its probably the title of the thread and Article.

Typoon pilot clocks up 1000 hours over Libya which infers that he has done 1000 hours over the airspace.

But it does go on to correct the bad jurno mistake and say that actually he's clocked up his 1000th hour in that airframe over the lybian Airspace.

His point may have been that, but it wasnt cleverly written it states everything he was trying to point out, in the article. It would be nice if people read the actual albeit dull article before trying to make out the facts were eluded too to get a good PR coup. Guess you probably didnt read it either but then again you are a greenie :)

The reason he's up to 1,000 hours is probably because he forgot to settle his bar bill in his 5* hotel in Italy and he's locked out!

Laugh? I thought my underpants would never dry!

From The Mash:-

AFGHAN civilians are facing a three month wait to be blown to smithereens, it has emerged.

Afghan employers can no longer afford to offer private airstrikesWith 2,600 military posts facing the axe and the RAF committed to a prolonged engagement in Libya, the ministry of defence is now asking the Afghan population if they can give themselves horrific injuries at home.

And in a bid to cut costs anyone unsure how to flatten their house with high explosive will be advised to call RAF24.

Meanwhile senior officers have also warned privately that the cutbacks could even lead to some primary schools not being mistaken for Al Qaeda training camps.

But defence secretary Liam Fox said: "This is about streamlining service delivery by giving local platoon commanders the power to commission bombings from a range of sources, including the private sector.

"We will also incentivise them with a bonus structure that encourages as many fast and relatively painless deaths as possible.

"This is all about getting people through the system and out the other side in a large plastic bag."

But Kandahar goat salesman, Omar Halabji, said: "I was told I would get a bomb last year after MI6 said our one-room shack was Osama Bin Laden's hot tub. I'm still waiting.

"The goat market is really fragile at the moment and I just can't afford to go private."

He added: "You can say what you like about communism but at least the Soviets guaranteed free bombs for everyone at the point of delivery."

Meanwhile naval cuts will also hit closer to home, with landlords in Portsmouth facing the prospect of having to periodically shower their own pubs with broken glass and urine.

Mr Fox added: "Through the restructuring and streamlining of our military, these cuts should not stop anyone in Britain having access to a violent, tattooed maniac with a thousand yard stare."

Told Army friend about being in RAF and halfway up Pen-y-Fan carrying bergens and assorted heavy kit.
AF: "That's a funny place to put an hotel!"
Me: "Don't give up the day job!"

I think this sort of Typhoon might have racked up 1,000 hours over Libya. Not so sure about the more modern version.

Wordsmith
As far as I know the Tiffy was never used in the North African theater, and as far as racking up 1000 hours in the Typhoon II goes, the pilot in question has been a busy little beaver then, as that would be over 300 hours per year since it came into operational service with the RAF