Typhoon landing

#1
I may have mis-heard this but I believe that the local radio stated that a R.A.F. Typhoon pilot landed his £70 million aircraft somewhere in the US but forgot to put the undercarriage down. (He is OK physically)
I know it's not 1st April. Has anyone else heard this or should I be heading fo the home for the bewildered?

If it's true then the Navy's lost bonb is pretty small beer - but remember, things happen in threes.
 
#2
China Lake California as part of the annual competitions, seems he landed with the gear up and banged out.
 
#4
Someone headed for an interview without coffee then?
 
#6
MDN thank you for the confirmation. I was surprised to log-on and note that no-one was taking the Arthur Bliss. (It is a bit soon to speculate on the reason for this apparently aberrant behavior/action).
 
#7
DummyRound said:
Lucky he wasn't going to a stag party or he'd be in real trouble!
Wrong. If he was going to a party he would be OK.
 
#8
Link to article in the Scum.

The Top Gun and his co-pilot from 17 Squadron climbed unhurt from the 1,500mph jet.
The Scum

:wink:
 
#9
Without the gear down wouldn't he get an annoying voice saying "Terrain - Pull up!,,,,,,,,Terrain - Pull up!" as he came in????
:?
 
#10
EX_STAB said:
Without the gear down wouldn't he get an annoying voice saying "Terrain - Pull up!,,,,,,,,Terrain - Pull up!" as he came in????
:?
The article suggests the onboard warning system could not be heard above the notes being belted out by Kenny Loggins Dangerzone.
 
#11
TheBigUn said:
Link to article in the Scum.

The Top Gun and his co-pilot from 17 Squadron climbed unhurt from the 1,500mph jet.
The Scum

:wink:
I thought they were single seater, like the one in the picture at the top of the story. Really, a little research is going to kill them is it? Or are they suggesting it was a two-seater trainer?
 
#12
The ultra-modern jet has a warning system with a “Bitching Betty” woman’s voice to alert the pilot to problems such as wheels not being lowered for landing.
Nah thats just her indoors..... I dont know you have akob that takes you to 30 000+ feet with good scenary beautiful views and you still get a frigging nagging voice in you ears!!!
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#13
bobath_lost_his_account said:
TheBigUn said:
Link to article in the Scum.

The Top Gun and his co-pilot from 17 Squadron climbed unhurt from the 1,500mph jet.
The Scum

:wink:
I thought they were single seater, like the one in the picture at the top of the story. Really, a little research is going to kill them is it? Or are they suggesting it was a two-seater trainer?
I love the way they fill 3 column inches with an RAF badge. In case anyone is confused as to what an RAF is.
 
#14
Stokey said:
But the pilot is unlikely to be sacked even if he was to blame. The RAF cannot afford to lose a flier who cost £3million to train.
Pilot = £3 million
Plane = £69 million

I only got a C for my Maths GCSE, but it seems much cheaper to get another pilot.
So what you're suggesting is some form of inverse ejector seat - fires the plane 300 feet in the air and launches a parachute for it to land safely, while pilot is left to crash into the ground...

:twisted:

Actually, didn't the US Navy have something like that - the A3D which ejected downwards? Nicknamed the "All 3 Dead"
 

Similar threads


New Posts

Latest Threads

Top