Typhoon landing

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by rockpile, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I may have mis-heard this but I believe that the local radio stated that a R.A.F. Typhoon pilot landed his £70 million aircraft somewhere in the US but forgot to put the undercarriage down. (He is OK physically)
    I know it's not 1st April. Has anyone else heard this or should I be heading fo the home for the bewildered?

If it's true then the Navy's lost bonb is pretty small beer - but remember, things happen in threes.
  2. China Lake California as part of the annual competitions, seems he landed with the gear up and banged out.
  3. That'll bugger his no claims bonus!
  4. Someone headed for an interview without coffee then?
  5. Lucky he wasn't going to a stag party or he'd be in real trouble!
  6. MDN thank you for the confirmation. I was surprised to log-on and note that no-one was taking the Arthur Bliss. (It is a bit soon to speculate on the reason for this apparently aberrant behavior/action).
  7. Wrong. If he was going to a party he would be OK.
  8. Link to article in the Scum.

The Scum

9. Without the gear down wouldn't he get an annoying voice saying "Terrain - Pull up!,,,,,,,,Terrain - Pull up!" as he came in????
  10. The article suggests the onboard warning system could not be heard above the notes being belted out by Kenny Loggins Dangerzone.
  11. I thought they were single seater, like the one in the picture at the top of the story. Really, a little research is going to kill them is it? Or are they suggesting it was a two-seater trainer?
  12. Nah thats just her indoors..... I dont know you have akob that takes you to 30 000+ feet with good scenary beautiful views and you still get a frigging nagging voice in you ears!!!
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I love the way they fill 3 column inches with an RAF badge. In case anyone is confused as to what an RAF is.
  14. So what you're suggesting is some form of inverse ejector seat - fires the plane 300 feet in the air and launches a parachute for it to land safely, while pilot is left to crash into the ground...

Actually, didn't the US Navy have something like that - the A3D which ejected downwards? Nicknamed the "All 3 Dead"