types of discharge from the TA?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by jonny36, Jan 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When you leave the TA is your discharge classed as 'discharged' or due you get various catagories such as exemplary, very good etc?
  2. Mine was just dicharged at soldiers request.
  3. depends on your unit, just make sure it isnt stamped FOAD

they should do it correctly with an interview and the usual blah
  4. Doesn't the TA discharge letter merely comprise the phrase:

"Don't forget to hand your kit in.

PS you can keep your socks and boots."
  5. When did the TA start issuing socks?
  6. more to the point when did they start issuing kit??
  8. Mine also said 'At Soldiers Request'.

I never got told i could keep my boots! Tight gits!!!

EDIT: Just realised, some poor bastard probably got issued with my stinking old leathers
  9. The most common discharge is negligent. :)
  10. As I know of many who have left without anything apart from a TNT Sticker arriving through the post - possibly you could detail what should happen CFC?

Nice one duffdike! :D
  11. I did once have a particularly nasty green one but it cleared up eventually.
  12. Just stop coming in. The paperwork will soon arrive as everyone's heard of recruiting, precious few of retention.

Recruiting is the TA's job (or OAR if you believe that) and retention is a PSAOs job - hence it becomes a paperwork transaction.
  13. msr

msr LE

Retention has nothing to do with the PSAO, it is a CoC responsibility.

14. Sorry, my ironic imtent clearly didn't make itself clear. I should have said that the PSAO oft get's dicked with the role and hence it's a tick box exit.
  15. totally off topic but does anyone know how many TA bods get discharged because of CDT? I think it would be interesting to see the ratio in comparison to regs.