Type 45 arrives at Portsmouth - BBC tour of vessel

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Recruiting_Office_reject, Jan 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You know the expression "spoil the ship for a ha'porth o' tar"? Could have been invented for the T45.

2. good. we just need the other 11 to get us to the minimum required according to the last defence review conducted.

3. Excellent, just what we need to fight Somali pirates. :wink:

4. That BBC bird didn't understand one word of that he gave her the QNH ffs

5. Love the bridge shot, when the camera pans around, a matelot can be seen slouching, as soon as he realised he's on camera, he tries to look alert. Heh heh

6. Shes just been refered to as H.M.S 'Darling' on the radio news bulletin. :D :D :D

7. Loved the duvets with bunny rabbits pattern.....yer big girls :D

8. No virus problems then? :wink:

9. Anyone reckon they are taking lodgers?

If they can guarantee a charged IPod 24/7 what more would one need?

Who knows. With that new fancy gun they may be able to retain their staff next time they float near to Iran.

10. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Fancy gun, you mean the same one they have on all the other ships. Nothing knew there I am afraid

11. Not a chance. Big ships like destroyers don't work well in the shallow waters of the gulf. T45 would still have to dispatch boarding parties in a rubber boat. All the protection they could offer would be the ship's helicopter with a GPMG.

The Navy needs small patrol craft for the gulf. Something like the Typhoon class the US Navy uses.

12. I was watching the news at 6 on the beeb and the news reporter said they even have plug sockets for charging their i pods :D

13. I like the fact there is lucky horse shoe nailed to the helm station.