Type 45 arrives at Portsmouth - BBC tour of vessel

good. we just need the other 11 to get us to the minimum required according to the last defence review conducted.

Excellent, just what we need to fight Somali pirates. :wink:

That BBC bird didn't understand one word of that he gave her the QNH ffs

rampant54

Swinger
Love the bridge shot, when the camera pans around, a matelot can be seen slouching, as soon as he realised he's on camera, he tries to look alert. Heh heh

Anyone reckon they are taking lodgers?

If they can guarantee a charged IPod 24/7 what more would one need?

Who knows. With that new fancy gun they may be able to retain their staff next time they float near to Iran.

Closet_Jibber said:
Who knows. With that new fancy gun they may be able to retain their staff next time they float near to Iran.
Not a chance. Big ships like destroyers don't work well in the shallow waters of the gulf. T45 would still have to dispatch boarding parties in a rubber boat. All the protection they could offer would be the ship's helicopter with a GPMG.

The Navy needs small patrol craft for the gulf. Something like the Typhoon class the US Navy uses.

41fm77

Old-Salt
I was watching the news at 6 on the beeb and the news reporter said they even have plug sockets for charging their i pods :D

Harry_Boomers

War Hero
I like the fact there is lucky horse shoe nailed to the helm station.

Ancient_Mariner said:
The Navy needs small patrol craft for the gulf. Something like the Typhoon class the US Navy uses.
Typhoon class? You don't mean Cyclone class do you? Did a quick search and all I could find related to naval matters were those fuck off massive Russian ballistic missile submarines.

Latest Threads