Type 45 arrives at Portsmouth - BBC tour of vessel

That BBC bird didn't understand one word of that he gave her the QNH ffs

Love the bridge shot, when the camera pans around, a matelot can be seen slouching, as soon as he realised he's on camera, he tries to look alert. Heh heh

Anyone reckon they are taking lodgers?

If they can guarantee a charged IPod 24/7 what more would one need?

Who knows. With that new fancy gun they may be able to retain their staff next time they float near to Iran.

Closet_Jibber said:
Who knows. With that new fancy gun they may be able to retain their staff next time they float near to Iran.
Not a chance. Big ships like destroyers don't work well in the shallow waters of the gulf. T45 would still have to dispatch boarding parties in a rubber boat. All the protection they could offer would be the ship's helicopter with a GPMG.

The Navy needs small patrol craft for the gulf. Something like the Typhoon class the US Navy uses.

I was watching the news at 6 on the beeb and the news reporter said they even have plug sockets for charging their i pods :D

I like the fact there is lucky horse shoe nailed to the helm station.

Would the I-pod charger be the incredible device known as a "plug"?

Ancient_Mariner said:
The Navy needs small patrol craft for the gulf. Something like the Typhoon class the US Navy uses.
Typhoon class? You don't mean Cyclone class do you? Did a quick search and all I could find related to naval matters were those fuck off massive Russian ballistic missile submarines.