Type 31 Frigate

I fear the only reprofiling will be that required to limit what capabilities have to be lost in the next few years, not what additional kit we can buy!

Regards,
MM

green_slime

Old-Salt
If you think there is not enough money then just wait until we see that those T31e will actually cost us! I have little faith in any of the bidders to deliver to the time and cost profile.

If you think there is not enough money then just wait until we see that those T31e will actually cost us! I have little faith in any of the bidders to deliver to the time and cost profile.
Limited ability to comment, but the contract makes the baseline for the ships, in both performance and cost elements the contractors problem, not MoDs

Three reasons why not.
  1. There's not enough money.
  2. There is not enough money.
  3. Did I mention that there isn't enough money?
4 Can you imagine the Wailing from Holyrood if 5 or 6 T26 GP were built in England

Its bad enough now because they were promised 13 but only got 8 ( plus 5 OPVs - but they dont count -) We wuz promised 13 but add in that they stole 5 (an oor oil) and gave them England - cuz they dinae care aboot Scottish jobs etc - There will be a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions

4 Can you imagine the Wailing from Holyrood if 5 or 6 T26 GP were built in England

Its bad enough now because they were promised 13 but only got 8 ( plus 5 OPVs - but they dont count -) We wuz promised 13 but add in that they stole 5 (an oor oil) and gave them England - cuz they dinae care aboot Scottish jobs etc - There will be a meltdown of Chernobyl proportions
Like the solid support ships thing they keep going on about!

Like the solid support ships thing they keep going on about!
That would be the ships they've no capacity to build - but Joe Public doesn't grasp that so its a good anti Westminster stick** same with the Tides and UK in General

**Its would almost be worth saying ok contracts yours -
Axait the inevitable bluff and bluster
What do you mean - despite insisting they are built there you cant actually do it

That would be the ships they've no capacity to build - but Joe Public doesn't grasp that so its a good anti Westminster stick** same with the Tides and UK in General

**Its would almost be worth saying ok contracts yours -
Axait the inevitable bluff and bluster
What do you mean - despite insisting they are built there you cant actually do it
That's the ones!

The ones they didn't even bid on!

I fear the only reprofiling will be that required to limit what capabilities have to be lost in the next few years, not what additional kit we can buy!

Regards,
MM
The Army will bear the brunt. There simply isn't the manpower there for two Armd Inf Bdes, two Strike Bdes, two Lt Inf Bdes plus 16 Air Asslt Bde.

so, a 110m 4,000 tonne class light frigate was undeliverable within the £1.3 Billion budget, and the winning design will be a 140m, 6,000 tonne class medium Frigate bigger than a T23 within the same £1.3 billion budget.

Either fitted for and with nothing, or MoD is gambling the Treasury will blink and provide a lot of extra money.

green_slime

Old-Salt
so, a 110m 4,000 tonne class light frigate was undeliverable within the £1.3 Billion budget, and the winning design will be a 140m, 6,000 tonne class medium Frigate bigger than a T23 within the same £1.3 billion budget.

Either fitted for and with nothing, or MoD is gambling the Treasury will blink and provide a lot of extra money.
Don't worry Babcock are famed regarding their ability to deliver to time, cost and with good behaviours.

I am now going to sit back and let those who have no knowledge of the requirements, scoring system, contracts offered or teaming agreements in place decide the answer was 1 x t26 instead.

Safe to say the decision was not made by anyone who is able to comment on this thread in any detail at this time.

The Army will bear the brunt. There simply isn't the manpower there for two Armd Inf Bdes, two Strike Bdes, two Lt Inf Bdes plus 16 Air Asslt Bde.
As it should, considering the black mafia have hedged the army’s budget in favour.

The British army is too infantry centric, why can’t the cloth ears at the top see that. Have a deplorable force, with Boxer, Ajax, Warrior and CR3. Then build around that support.

Instead of pissing away mo eye on more infantry.

As it should, considering the black mafia have hedged the army’s budget in favour.

The British army is too infantry centric, why can’t the cloth ears at the top see that. Have a deplorable force, with Boxer, Ajax, Warrior and CR3. Then build around that support.

Instead of pissing away mo eye on more infantry.
Did you really mean to say 'deplorable force'?!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mattb

LE
Three reasons why not.
  1. There's not enough money.
  2. There is not enough money.
  3. Did I mention that there isn't enough money?
That rather pre-supposes that the cost of the entire T31 programme costs less than the unit cost per fitted-for-not-with T26 * 5. I don't think it will.

Did you really mean to say 'deplorable force'?!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
How else could a crab describe tours of Iraq and Afghan?

Latest Threads