Type 31 Frigate

Gove the bullshitting c2ntbag talking about investing in new Destroyers, new Frigates that makes the Union stronger.
@Auld-Yin gives the Andrew Marr a hard time but that fxcking ******** is allowed to spout complete SH!T unchallenged. The man is a spunktrumpet and I'm at a loss as to why people can not call him out for talking cr@p!

Going for a cup of tea.
we will need to start work on DD(X) sooner, rather than latter, T31 contracts been signed.

Adaptability, flexibility, stability, all like more space.
someones going to have to knock a few heads together about the who’s who of guns though...holy logistic burden Batman.

gone from 20mm, 30mm, 4.5” to 20mm, 30mm, 40mm, 57mm, 4.5” and 5”

we will need to start work on DD(X) sooner, rather than latter, T31 contracts been signed.
Has it? No official word I have seen, especially as in election run up. Heard rumours obviously but not aware of official public domain announcement.

Has it? No official word I have seen, especially as in election run up. Heard rumours obviously but not aware of official public domain announcement.
Nor will we know until after Christmas due to purdah; I’d imagine plans for an SDSR will delay that further.

Regards,
MM

much ‘purdah!’ harrumphing when it was tweeted by one of Boris’s team..

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

It can't be formally announced because of Purdah, but has been confirmed.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ah yes, but there is a cunning plan mooted!
We reclassify the B2 OPVs as 'Light Frigates' and voila! 'Frigate' numbers instantly grow by 5!
Recent trumpeting of OPV deployments to the Carribean, Falklands and I think the Gulf would tend to back that assumption up.

And we do that by giving them your favourite gun, right?

That was indeed the conversation… a bigger gun, et voila! 5 instant Light Frigates!

(B2's are fitted for but not with up to a 76)

They've been at 17 for some time, although the refurb on the 23s is so far behind there is talk of just binning at least a couple of 23s anyway.

In the real world, some of them would be declared constructive loses and sent to scrap.
Desperate days and all that.

In the real world, some of them would be declared constructive loses and sent to scrap.
Desperate days and all that.
With little, if anything, being pulled from the 23s for the 31s unlike the 26s, would it not be time for an assessment of beyond economic repair / improvement and divert the funds to other RN programmes?

With little, if anything, being pulled from the 23s for the 31s unlike the 26s, would it not be time for an assessment of beyond economic repair / improvement and divert the funds to other RN programmes?
as long as ships are floating alongside, you can pretend they are still effective fleet units.

once was a time, they’d have been parked up Fareham creek and left to rot away In the ghost fleet.

This is interesting.

Suggests that in-service date of ship 1 will be May 2027 (which allowing for Pt IV, suggests delivery by end 2025). Also states that delivery for ship 5 will be end 2028.

All of which means that :

1. As suggested elsewhere, T23 numbers are going to plummet unless OSD dates change.
2. There are likely to be at least three T31 in the basin at Rosyth from 2025 onwards, which also means they might struggle to deal with anything else......

This is interesting.

Suggests that in-service date of ship 1 will be May 2027 (which allowing for Pt IV, suggests delivery by end 2025). Also states that delivery for ship 5 will be end 2028.

All of which means that :

1. As suggested elsewhere, T23 numbers are going to plummet unless OSD dates change.
2. There are likely to be at least three T31 in the basin at Rosyth from 2025 onwards, which also means they might struggle to deal with anything else......
So why not bite the bullet and drop the worst T23 from inventory now? A substantial sum of money would be saved especially as no pull through of new equipment onto T31? @A2_Matelot @Not a Boffin ??

Latest Threads