Type 26

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember chatting to a Stoker on HMS Dragon when she visited Liverpool and he thought they were horrid ships in heavy seas and mentioned they are the only ships he has ever been seasick on. Rolled like a fat cnut down a hill he claimed.
Doesn't tally with my own experience; when I was on Dragon she was in the Gulf and it was millpond, but I was aboard Daring going down the East Coast during a Force 8 or so and she rode through it beautifully. (Compared to a 23 in maybe Force 6 during a Joint Warrior, where I was getting thrown around a fair bit, for example)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I remember chatting to a Stoker on HMS Dragon when she visited Liverpool and he thought they were horrid ships in heavy seas and mentioned they are the only ships he has ever been seasick on. Rolled like a fat cnut down a hill he claimed.
Also mentioned he didn't like the electrical systems in the bugger. Was a witty chap.
Doesn't tally with my own experience; when I was on Dragon she was in the Gulf and it was millpond, but I was aboard Daring going down the East Coast during a Force 8 or so and she rode through it beautifully. (Compared to a 23 in maybe Force 6 during a Joint Warrior, where I was getting thrown around a fair bit, for example)
Possibly an issue of how she was sailing to wind and wave on particular trips?

I would have thought the enemy would be deep and silent, just listening. Spotting periscopes is so last war.
Only if it is an SSN - diesels, even AIP ones, need to snort. Preventing them from doing so by having a maritime search radar operating overhead is an excellent way to degrade their capability.

Latest Threads