Type 26 Frigate

Yeah so much for Fallon's promise of "a contract for 13 Type 26 Frigates to be placed at Govan in a matter of weeks if not days in the event of a NO vote" in the 2014 Scottish referendum. 3 years late and 13 has shrunk to 3. Lying Tory bastard.

I would like to call a vote that we change Godwin's law. Instead of reference to Nazi's it should now be invoked when referring to the Tory party "betraying" Scotland.

Yeah so much for Fallon's promise of "a contract for 13 Type 26 Frigates to be placed at Govan in a matter of weeks if not days in the event of a NO vote" in the 2014 Scottish referendum. 3 years late and 13 has shrunk to 3. Lying Tory bastard.
Might have something to do with the incessant price rises, not all of which are attributable to MoD. Might also have something to do with perceived competence. How are those simple River Batch 2 OPV that the Clyde was thrown to keep the steel trades in work coming along ....??? Would be really hard to stuff those up, wouldn't it? Oh, wait....

Might have something to do with the incessant price rises, not all of which are attributable to MoD. Might also have something to do with perceived competence. How are those simple River Batch 2 OPV that the Clyde was thrown to keep the steel trades in work coming along ....??? Would be really hard to stuff those up, wouldn't it? Oh, wait....
You mean those poor oppressed workers on t'clyde arent saints?

Bloody outrageous i tell you!

What, are you implying the aspiration for a ‘cheap’ T26 is pie in the McSky?

I know it is a few days old and I also remember Col Louden bugging out to work in Australia several years ago now: Canadian newspaper reports on shipbuilder's attempts to lure BAE staff from 'across the pond' Interesting times.
That's an interesting story. Here's the Halifax Chronicle Herald link. Irving recruiting in BAE’s backyard
Interestingly, the two newspapers are citing each other as sources (on different parts).

BAE's competitors were previously complaining about the existing close links between Irving and BAE. A new influx of ex-BAE managers isn't going to make those complaints any less.

That's an interesting story. Here's the Halifax Chronicle Herald link. Irving recruiting in BAE’s backyard
Interestingly, the two newspapers are citing each other as sources (on different parts).

BAE's competitors were previously complaining about the existing close links between Irving and BAE. A new influx of ex-BAE managers isn't going to make those complaints any less.
Every time I hear about Canadian procurement process, I completely ignore it. It's like the Indian one. A cross between American and British ones. Completely confused, which generally leads to no where. Or the obvious in the first place.

Perhaps 8 plus 5 T31 might appease you?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Would that be the unfunded T31s?
In your world yes. In the real world apparently they are lumped in the T26 budget figures.

More sensational statements from @Kromeriz, you should be a defence journo!

A link to that, please? And provide a firm given commitment from the powers that be that All T26 will be built?

And do stop throwing mud.
Mud?

Its all available online just look for it. You were a monkey so investigate.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Vulcano ammunition being integrated with Mk 45

BAE-Leonardo ammunition could triple Type 26 Frigate gun range

Seems BAE might have stopped fannying about with their own version and decided to incorporate an off the shelf ammunition type
With the general dismantling of the ROFs I doubt we have the capability of making either the barrels, shell or propellent for large guns any more..

The barrels for the BAE 155 howitzer they make here for the US are made at Waterlievet..

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
No hints from Sea5000 yet?